• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Planning ABD Europe... Can anyone share their experience please?

GC Hopesdad

Earning My Ears
This is my first post as I'm brand new to this community and already I can tell that it's a pretty great place. My wife and I are Huge Disney fans. We've been annual passholders of WDW for years and have sailed Disney Cruise lines twice. We're from Florida and our kids grew up on many trips to WDW and now we're privileged to take our 3 grandkids there. We may be getting old but Disney never gets old to us.

Due to work and costs, I'm not going but I want to make one of Michele's dreams happen, so I'm in the initial stages of planning Adventures by Disney Europe for her and my sister.

We're considering the England and France tour and was hoping that some of you can share your experiences if you've gone on that trip or one similar. And any advice you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

I'll second @siskaren suggestion above. There are some good trip reviews on that section of the DIS.

We've been on two ABD trips to Europe and love them.

Looks like your thread got moved to the Adventures by Disney Forum. Welcome! You'll find tons of folks here who have done European ABDs, and loved them, and who are happy to answer any questions you have.

I've done the London/Paris trip, although it was a few years ago, and they've made some changes to it. But I really did love it. It's a really wonderful way to get an introduction to traveling in Europe. There aren't any worries about language barriers in England, obviously (except for the rather fun differences in British vs. American English.) And I found most places in France spoke English, especially if you at least tried to speak a bit of French. They'll see the touristy highlights of both areas (but tourists love them for very good reasons!) and it will definitely give them enough of a taste that they'll likely want to go back!

Check out the trip Reports in our Trip Report Sticky: https://www.disboards.com/threads/links-to-abd-trip-reports.2167714/

There's also a link to my Trip Report for this trip in my signature.

I know a *lot* of people have taken the Italy ABD as their first European ABD, and have really loved it. You might want to check that one out, too. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of their European trips. Greece is my personal favorite.

Sayhello

This is my first post as I'm brand new to this community and already I can tell that it's a pretty great place. My wife and I are Huge Disney fans. We've been annual passholders of WDW for years and have sailed Disney Cruise lines twice. We're from Florida and our kids grew up on many trips to WDW and now we're privileged to take our 3 grandkids there. We may be getting old but Disney never gets old to us.

Due to work and costs, I'm not going but I want to make one of Michele's dreams happen, so I'm in the initial stages of planning Adventures by Disney Europe for her and my sister.

We're considering the England and France tour and was hoping that some of you can share your experiences if you've gone on that trip or one similar. And any advice you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

Welcome :welcome: to the group! We are fellow Floridians too. I've posted my trip report from the England/France tour below and also my trip report from Scotland. There are lots of trip reports posted that could help with the decision making process. I thoroughly enjoyed our trip but the itinerary has changed since we did it in 2014. This summer we will be going to Italy with ABD.

England/France:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/knights-lights-with-a-wee-stop-in-scotland.3331800

Scotland:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/our-scotland-brave-adventure.3150065

If you have any specific questions, please ask away.

Just to add to my post above, the two European ABD's we've done were;
Viva Italia which included Rome, Florence and Venice; and,
Alpine Magic which included Stressa Italy, Zermatt Switzerland, and Lucern Switzerland.

Both were really fantastic ways to see Europe. ABD did a great job of showing us the highlights and including some special touches that you probably wouldn't get when trying to do it on your own.

As a European ( Irish ) with a holiday Villa on Hwy 27

Here are a few Tips

( 1 ) Passports

( 2 ) Travel Insurance .

( 3 ) Chip & Pin ( Chip ) card & Credit Card. ( Master Card & Visa )

( 4 ) Electric Travel adaptor Plug ....... Ireland & U.K. have 3 pin 220 V ..... Europe has 2 pin round

( 5 ) Most Europeans do not use Ice in their drinks .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter