Planet Hollywood

AInWonderland

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have anything nice to say about Planet Hollywood, my girls always want to go there when we visit Disney and I keep putting it off.

We have eaten there 4 times and have always had a good, to excellent meal. I think their LA Lasagna is awesome!
We took our neighbors there for the first time last year. When they first saw the menu they thought it was overpriced, but after the had the food they thought it was well worth it.

I second the LA Lasagna recommendation. We try to eat there every trip and it is a little expensive since I like specialty drinks but we really enjoy the atmosphere. Portions are big and we usually get an AP discount. I think it is 10% or so. Overall, it is a good experience.

We go there on most WDW trips and have never been disappointed. One year it was so packed they offered to let us (me, DS, DD and Aunt) sit at the bar and eat. We thought they might not like non drinkers eating at the bar, but we rec'd excellent service. We'll be going there again as I have gift cards from Hotwire Savings for our Thanksgiving trip.

I guess I'll be the odd one out here. We've never been impressed with Planet Hollywood (here in Orlando or anywhere else). It's noisy and you're always sitting so uncomfortably close to everyone.

That being said...I think that you should try it out. It's neat to look around, but we've tried it twice and neither time has thrilled us at all.

RyMickey

Another vote for the LA lasagna! The server recommended it to me and I thought why not? The only drawback is that the portion is so large that I couldn't finish it!

oK i have to ask, can someone describe the LA lasagna? I am curious.

TIA,
Tricia

Originally posted by DD2Disney
oK i have to ask, can someone describe the LA lasagna?

From allearsnet.com....

L.A. Lasagna - A California twist to a classic lasagna! Fresh pasta tubes filled with ricotta cheese and bolognese meat sauce fried to a golden brown and covered with garlic cream sauce and tomato basil sauce $14.95

I've only eaten there once, and that was over 4 years ago. I remember having some kind of chicken w/garlic and pasta dish that was pretty good and everyone at my table having to try my food because it smelled so good.:teeth: It was good, from what I remember. I liked their Irish coffee too.;) We took my dd (7 yo)and my 3 nephews (8, 6 and 1 yo) and my niece (7 yo). There were 5 of us adults also. The kids loved all the movie paraphernalia .:)

Another vote for Planet Hollywood. We've been several times and have always had good service and good food. As other people have said, it's a little pricey, but what isn't at WDW? ;)

NO, nothing good to say about it.
Overpriced and mediocre. Much rather get a good meal elsewhere. HOB, Bongos, Pucks....IMO are all better choices.

I got the Chicken marsala and the chicken was on the bone! I was expecting nice thin boneless chicken but instead got this beast of a thing that was not fun. Beware!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter