Placeholder/Costco Question

AJ09876

Earning My Ears
I'm new to booking onboard. We're sailing in December of this year for our 2nd cruise. I'd like to get a placeholder onboard & transert it to Costco. Is that possible?

We'd like to sail in Fall of 2020 but those dates haventh come out yet. What do I tell Costco as far as dates after my cruise?

Book your placeholder onboard and have Disney transfer it to Costco.

I always call when I get home and give Costco the placeholder number to make sure it was transferred to them.

Book your cruise thru Costco when you want using the placeholder for the discount. You have 2 years.

That’s it.

Book your placeholder onboard and have Disney transfer it to Costco.

I always call when I get home and give Costco the placeholder number to make sure it was transferred to them.

Book your cruise thru Costco when you want using the placeholder for the discount. You have 2 years.

That’s it.
Thank you for the quick reply.

You can only name Costco as TA when onboard if your December cruise is through Costco. If not, you can transfer it after you get home. Just contact Costco once you are home; you have 30 days to do the transfer.

Enjoy your cruises!

You can only name Costco as TA when onboard if your December cruise is through Costco. If not, you can transfer it after you get home. Just contact Costco once you are home; you have 30 days to do the transfer.

Enjoy your cruises!
To add... it can take a couple of days to process, so don't leave it to the end of the 30 day window.

If your December cruise was booked through Costco, then the DCL cast member booking the placeholder for you will ask if you want to keep your current TA as Costco. You will have to keep an eye on when the fall 2020 dates are coming out, then call Costco first thing on Silver booking day, and they can call DCL to make the booking. The placeholder has a reservation # in the DCL system, so all that DCL is doing is converting your placeholder to a real reservation - it will keep the same #.

I have an addition question about transferring a placeholder to Costco. I will be getting a placeholder next week and will wait to use it when they open up the 2020 sailings in October. I want to us Costco for the Costco cash but I also want to book it myself in platinum day. Can I book the placeholder on opening day, myself, and then transfer it to Costco? (As long as it’s still within the 30 day window).

Can I book the placeholder on opening day, myself, and then transfer it to Costco? (As long as it’s still within the 30 day window).

If platinum opening day is more than 30 days after your cruise, no. If the platinum booking day falls within 30 days of when you were onboard to make the OBB. Plus be sure to leave a few days after for the transfer to occur within the window as well. So it will all depend when DCL announces the next set of cruises and when opening day falls.

Enjoy your cruises!

I have an addition question about transferring a placeholder to Costco. I will be getting a placeholder next week and will wait to use it when they open up the 2020 sailings in October. I want to us Costco for the Costco cash but I also want to book it myself in platinum day. Can I book the placeholder on opening day, myself, and then transfer it to Costco? (As long as it’s still within the 30 day window).

Note that you have to call Costco to book your cruise if using a placeholder. I don’t believe you can book online then have the placeholder applied after the fact.

My plan was to call dcl opening day and place a reservation in holding pattern. Then call Costco and have them finish it once I knew the exact specs of the reservation.

My plan was to call dcl opening day and place a reservation in holding pattern. Then call Costco and have them finish it once I knew the exact specs of the reservation.

I feel like it would save time to just have Costco call in the first place, but I don't know for sure - I know that Costco waited for HOURS on hold to get my reservation in the system, and it was nice that DCL wasn't hanging up on me!

I feel like it would save time to just have Costco call in the first place, but I don't know for sure - I know that Costco waited for HOURS on hold to get my reservation in the system, and it was nice that DCL wasn't hanging up on me!
It would but I like to talk to the cm myself about prices. If I knew the category I wanted I probably would do it that way. Unfortunately I’m too much of a control freak.

Since the placeholder uses a “live” reservation, only 1 of you can call to use it. If you don’t transfer it, you can call and place a hold, but Costco won’t be able to finish the transaction until the transfer (which takes a few days and you might lose the hold, especially with the chaos of opening day spreading over a week I wouldn’t trust them to process a transfer quickly). You should complete the transaction without a hold and then do the transfer.

If you transfer the placeholder to Costco before opening day, you can call DCL for pricing but you cannot place a hold using the placeholder.

Enjoy your cruises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter