Placeholder Combinations?

DisneyDream2B

DIS Veteran
I thought DCL placeholders booking during a Disney Cruise could not be combined with GTY, MTO, FLR, or any other discounted cruise.

Just read on a travel agent blog that it can be combined (except not with GTY rates.)

Anyone here know of actual combinations?

Thanks!

All the "special rates" pages on DCL web site have the following disclaimer:
  • This offer cannot be combined with any other special offers or discounts.
  • Valid for new bookings only.

A placeholder is an existing booking with discount.

I thought DCL placeholders booking during a Disney Cruise could not be combined with GTY, MTO, FLR, or any other discounted cruise.

Just read on a travel agent blog that it can be combined (except not with GTY rates.)

Anyone here know of actual combinations?

Thanks!

All the "special rates" pages on DCL web site have the following disclaimer:

A placeholder is an existing booking with discount.

The travel agent is wrong.

I’ve used a placeholder to book a GTY (specific category). But know I can’t use it for a *GT with restrictions. I also get OBC from the TA for both types of bookings (in addition to the placeholder OBC on the GTY).

I’ve used a placeholder to book a GTY (specific category). But know I can’t use it for a *GT with restrictions. I also get OBC from the TA for both types of bookings (in addition to the placeholder OBC on the GTY).
Precisely. GTY (specific category) are regular, non-discounted rates, and can be used with a placeholder. I have two of those booked at the moment. Restricted / discounted guarantee (*GT) cannot be used with a placeholder.
Sounds like this TA has everything mixed up.

I can say for a fact that they can't be combined with FLR resident rates. More than once we've had a cruise booked with the OBB discount and ended up later with a resident rate. We lost both the 10% and the OBC with the change. Of course the original price of the certificate is still applied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter