"Pixie dust" upgrades?

houseofduck

DIS Veteran
We currently have two connecting staterooms reserved with linked reservations. I know that people sometimes get "pixie dust" upgrades. Has anyone with connecting staterooms and linked reservations ever had just one of the rooms get an upgrade?

I'm not sure if we should put a note requesting no upgrades or just leave it as is. I'm happy with our current rooms, but if they upgraded both to better connecting rooms, I wouldn't mind. I just wouldn't want only one room upgraded.

Has anyone ever had any kind of upgrade with connecting rooms?

Our experience with linked rooms one stateroom apart with friends is that both were upgraded to the same one stateroom apart. I've heard of connecting rooms being upgraded to the same. They probably figure that you booked them for a reason. Adjoining rooms have been upgraded the same way also.

houseofduck said:
We currently have two connecting staterooms reserved with linked reservations. I know that people sometimes get "pixie dust" upgrades. Has anyone with connecting staterooms and linked reservations ever had just one of the rooms get an upgrade?

I'm not sure if we should put a note requesting no upgrades or just leave it as is. I'm happy with our current rooms, but if they upgraded both to better connecting rooms, I wouldn't mind. I just wouldn't want only one room upgraded.

On our firstcruise on the Wonder in 2010 we were upgraded from OV to veranda. We actually had 3 sraterooms side by side. All 3 were upgraded.

houseofduck said:

We had 3 staterooms when we traveled with our whole family. All were upgraded.

Wow this is awesome but what is the likelihood of this happening? We have 2 staterooms that connect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter