• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pittsburgh Steelers tickets

mfortune

Earning My Ears
I'm not sure that purchasing tickets to a professional football game is budget friendly, but I figured this was the place to post this anyway. Anyone on here have season tickets to the Steelers games or do you know someone who does? If so, I would be interested in purchasing two tickets from you or them. Please let me know!

Steeler tickets are pretty hard to come by at least in my town. Quite a few friends have season tickets but the few times they do not use the tickets there are usually a line of "friends" wanting to buy them. You may be better off looking on Ticketmaster for tickets to the game you would like to go to. Good luck.

You could try stubhub, my husband and I have gotten from them. Steeler tickets are not an easy thing to get and not budget friendly, but a good time!

I agree with the previous poster that I know people with tickets, but the line of friends who wants to buy them if they can't go is a mile long. I would try Craigslist Pittsburgh. I live in PGH and never have been to a game, I'd love to though.

I would suggest looking on ticketmaster for the particular game yuo want the thursday before the game (on sunday) you can often get tickets that way with the exception of a bigger match up like the Patriots.

Also, DH is on the season ticket waiting list. we live 6-7 hours away but he really wants season tickets. one thing they do is offer single game tickets (up to 4) for waiting list members. DH is usually able to get 2 tickets to 2 games so he can go and have some football time. we usually get seats in the 524 section but this year due to the possible strike (or whatever it was called) not as many people tried for tickets (again except for the pats game) so we were able to get tickets in the 226 section for one game and 524 (but row H rather than HH or KK) for the other.

Lara

Steelers used to have their single game tickets purchased by a form that you to obtain from the box office and then mail back in. Once the tickets went on sale they then processed tickets from those forms. I got DH tickets once that way. I also got tickets for him off of Ebay for a price that wasn't too bad.

Thanks for all the replies. We have been to one game at Heinz Field, and that was 09/11/05. I purchased some tickets through a season ticket holder then at a reasonable price, so I thought I would try again! We live 7 hours away, in Colts territory. I know I could get them through Ticketmaster and Stub Hub, just thought I would check her first to see if I could get a better deal (you know, this being the budget board and all :). Anyway, thanks!!!

Steelers used to have their single game tickets purchased by a form that you to obtain from the box office and then mail back in. Once the tickets went on sale they then processed tickets from those forms. I got DH tickets once that way. I also got tickets for him off of Ebay for a price that wasn't too bad.

The box office stopped those forms about 5 or 6 years ago. I MUCH preferred the forms but now it's a free for all on ticketmaster. I am happy that i was able to get DH tickets for face value each year.

the best part was those tickets were fancy and looked like season tickets (whth special embossing, players on them etc). the ones from ticketmaster now just have the steeler logo and some other steeler symbols on them.

Lara

I would suggest looking on ticketmaster for the particular game yuo want the thursday before the game (on sunday) you can often get tickets that way with the exception of a bigger match up like the Patriots.

I agree with you about waiting until the Thuesday of a Sunday home game....away teams are given tickets for their players and families. What they don't use have to be returned to the home team. And then they are released for general sale, mostly on Thursday's. Looking at the Steelers schedule, you will have your best luck getting tickets for Seattle, Jacksonville, or St Louis.....Division games are harder and New England would be impossible.

I have season tickets but I have a waiting list myself!!!!

Good Luck and Go Steelers!!!!

Someone else mentioned Craigslist. Personally, I'd stay away from that option. I've heard some stories about counterfeit tickets being sold that way.

We buy in advance since we have to get up there from Florida -- the best thing we've found for both the Steelers and the Penguins are on Ticketmaster's exchange and Stubhub. My brother-in-law (who, unlike my husband, is still local) has ended up with counterfeit tickets on Craigslist before -- not good!

I buy DH and DS a pair of Giants tickets each year for Christmas, this will be the third year. I buy from:
http://www.nfl.com/tickets

Because it is an official source. I know people who might pay less via Craigslist, or whatever. Makes me too nervous, it's lots of $$ :rolleyes:

I like the website, you can buy from either the box office or ticketholders. You can scroll over the stadium and choose what sections to look for seats, etc. It is a little early right now to buy, Giants were not up yet the other day, but some were up for the Jets. (I did buy a pair for Jets/Giants Dec 24th !! :thumbsup2) It is technically a Jets game, but the 2 teams play in the same stadium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter