Pirates of the Caribbean

flipturngirl

DIS Veteran
I have this question. I know people will think that it is weird but I want to know if I am alone,.

Ever since I have been to Disneyland many times everytime that I think of Pirates the ride or anything to do with it.. I can smell the ride. Is it weird or normal? Like during the last movie my sister and I were sitting there gripping our seats like OMG WE ARE ON THE RIDE!

So my question is can you smell POTC:The Ride when you are not on it?

ummmm.... We love the POC ride and love the DL one better then the DW one. And I do not remmeber the smell!
but I do randomly smell other things. Like, I used to live in Sydney and everyonce in a while I remmeber the smell of the city.
hmmmmmmm.. maybe we are both wierd for smelling things!
Lori

It has a very distinctive smell, and some people remember smells more than others! I don't think it's weird.

Yes, I too have a "super sniffer" and if you sniff carefully, you will faintly smell chlorine (like in a pool). I also smell this on IASW, and Nemo too. I suspect it's just for water clarity, and POTC being inside, you will smell the dampness too. I don't mind it, as being inside on a cool ride beats standing outside in the hot sun:dance3:

I think it's a memory thing.

Only usually, you'll smell a particular aroma...and it will bring back memories, you know?

This is my favorite ride from childhood. To me it always smells musty and I love it. Every once in awhile I will smell a musty smell and flash back to Pirates. (but no, I didn't smell it in the movie)

But our local Cinemax has some kind of different smell that reminds me of some attraction at WDW - I just can't place which one (Soarin'?). The main areas of the theater, the theater rooms themselves and the hallways don't have it - just when you are walking into the narrow, long entry of each theater room it feels (and smells) like the interior corridors of a disney attraction. Maybe it's a cleaning product.

Yes! I can clearly recall the smell of POC. It's a musty, chlorine-y, can't-put-my-finger-on-it smell.

I'm with Jen03 on this one. It has its own 'distinct' aroma. Love it here also.:thumbsup2

I totally know what you mean! I remember one Christmas my sister got something that was wrapped in plastic...she asked me to smell it and what did it remind me of? I told her POTC! We were laughing so hard!

Main Street also has a distinct scent. Sort of cigar smoke meets churro. I still have the pog set that they gave away at the main gate from back in the day and it smells just like Main Street.

I love the smell of the Pirates ride. It does have a distinct smell to it. I remember stopping my husband somewhere and I could smell something that smelled like the ride. I couldn't put my finger on it though.

I read once that our sense of smell is the sense most tightly associated with memories. I've never had a memory induce a smell, but often have smells that induce a memory.

Whenever I walk by a fountain or other water attraction in some random place that is chorinated, I automatically think of POTC and the other water rides at DL. :)

Oh definitely!!!! I know just what you are talking about!!! My DBF always looks at me weird when we walk in because every single time I take a big deep breath in! LOL I love it, no clue why but I do. Oh and I didn't do my first DL trip (no DW for me yet) until I was like 22!!!!! That was only 14 years ago!

I LOVE the smell of the POTC, same with IASM too! They are very unique, nothing like it. Even HM has a unique smell. Although I can't smell them by just thinking about it, darn it. LOL

I like the smell of POTC too. On another scent...half of my family (from SIL, to me to Dnieces...) Think of main street when we go to Costco, when they are cooking churros. :sad2: The rest of they families reaction.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter