Pirates of the Caribbean Ride Photo

Angelia'sthree

Mouseketeer
Haven’t been to Disney in a few years. Excited to go in December. I have seen that POTC now has a photo taken while on the ride. Does anyone remember specifically where during the ride the photo is taken?

Thank you for the help!

You shouldn’t miss it. There’s a flag with a skull and crossbones in front of it that, I believe, is lit up. It’s on the left side of the boat.

it is the most useless ride photo. everyone looks bored/half asleep and even if you look at the talking skull, it's not exactly where the camera is.

I have seen others ride photos. I thought if I knew the exact area of the camera my family wouldn’t have that same “lost look.” It’s my favorite ride and movie, so I will in no way look bored and half asleep. 😀

It's pretty funny if you're the only person in the boat that's actively looking at the camera or posing, though. :)

I don’t usually have such glum opinions, but bad photo, bad camera location, very easy to be covered up by others. Our least fav ride photo at WDW. We’ve all but given up on it.

Reminder: Sit in the front row, or the first three rows if a photo matters to you. The photo is taken one time as the boat passes under the skull. We were in the last row and are barely visible.

Last edited:
Yah, this one sucks. I mean really sucks. The wife and I do kiss shots in all of the ride photos and even that one was just not....fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter