Pirates Event at the Cntemporary

StacyPop

<font color=purple>Things have a way of working th
Anyone know anything about the Pirates Event at the Contemporary? I looked through the itineraries, but it looks like mostly a big art auction. Will it be worth it to go for the other things being offered (like the pirate themed dinners, etc.) if you are not into the art? Haven't seen much leaked about the special guests either.

If I had that kind of money I would do it! Supposedly the are suppose to show the new pirates movie. that is the "rumor"

actually, that is listed on the itinerary, so not a rumor anymore. They list several special guest activities, as well as 2 pirate themed dinners. I just dont know if it is worth it for that. I am not a Disney art collector. Seems like a big art auction from the itineraries.

actually, that is listed on the itinerary, so not a rumor anymore. They list several special guest activities, as well as 2 pirate themed dinners. I just dont know if it is worth it for that. I am not a Disney art collector. Seems like a big art auction from the itineraries.

Anyone know anything about the Pirates Event at the Contemporary? I looked through the itineraries, but it looks like mostly a big art auction. Will it be worth it to go for the other things being offered (like the pirate themed dinners, etc.) if you are not into the art? Haven't seen much leaked about the special guests either.

This is what is known as a merchandise event put on by WDW Event Services. This is the first event themed to PoC to be held at WDW. There have been Pirates events at DL.

In the past, there have been merchandise events themed to the Haunted Mansion. There are three tiers of packages which offer different itineraries. At the HM events, the guests have included several former and current Disney Imagineers who worked on the design and building of the HM. Jason Surrell, who has written books including books about the HM and PoC has been a guest at the events.

There are dinners themed to the event along with some really nice gifts given out as part of the packages. If you go to the Disney Gallery online, you will see a sample of the merchandise that is available for purchase at the event through the Random Selection Process (RSP). Basically you list, in order of most to least desired, items you wish to purchase. Before the event, you receive a list of what items you were selected for. You pick up the merchandise at the event and the artists who designed the merchandise are available to sign it.

There is also an auction held during the event. The items are displayed beforehand for you to look at. The auction takes place on the last night of the event.

So, it is not just an art auction. There are lots of other things going on, too including the opportunity to meet and talk with some Disney Legends.

Thanks for all the info! I was thinking about taking my daughter, but I think she may be a little too young. I thought the themed dinners looked fun-plus the midnight showing of the film, but other than that, she would not be interested in the rest.

I called even services and got a little info this morning. As you know, the first tier is sold out. The second tier is still available, but the best tip I got is that if you purchase the package for one person, your spouse, family (up to four including yourself) are $395 a person, if they share a room. If you want, you can also pay the first two people at $700, and stay in the Contemporary for 4 nights instead of just the two nights.

So for a family of four it is:

1st person $700

Next 3 people $395 each

As long as they share a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter