Pinnacle Rental Homes vs Elite Homes - Can I get any comments from "NGW" or "SimonV&q

jtryan

Mouseketeer
We have decided to rent a vacation "villa" for our December 2001 stay. I have received positive feedback about Premier and although their prices are reasonable (110/night for 3/2), they are still $30.00 per night higher than both of the above mentioned agencies (80/night for 3/2) and their pool heat is twice the cost of pool heat from most other agencies. The per night cost for Pinnacle and Elite are the same but I am not familiar with either so I am looking for some guidance. Any info would be appreciated.

[This message was edited by jtryan on 03-10-01 at 12:57 PM.]

I stayed for 3 nights out in Lindfields. I paid $119+12%. Are you sure you're getting $80? That's awfully low. Requested a 3/2 with 2 tv's and privacy fencing around the yard. Got 4+/2 and my two requests, no extra charge. If I have a complaint it's that the pool was not warm enough. Called and asked for pool heater to be turned on. They insisted it was already on. Husband noticed that thermostat was set for 75 degrees, but 82 is considered standard (they can be/are locked so you can't change setting). I wasn't charged for this "heat" (which was I suppose better than nothing) and we were only there 3 days, so no matter really. We enjoyed "our house" immensely. I'm strongly considering buying a vacation home down there.

Found out months later that Elite/John Lance does not have a good reputation among the real estate/property management concerns down there. I'm not really sure why, but we had an uneventful experience with Elite and LOVED being in a house rather than a hotel room (sharply underwhelmed by Dixie Landings).

pug,
Thanks for your input. Yes I am positive about the rate. I took it directly off of their web page and then e-mailed to cofirm the exact amount including pool heat and tax. Can you elaborate any more on the negative reputation Elite/Mr. Lance have in the rental management community? Is it for poor customer service? Thanks again.

Hoping to make the right choice for my family and looking for expert advice from those in the business of renting vacation homes.

jtryan, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with either of these companies, so it wouldn't be fair of me to comment. I know the ones I know (if that makes sense) and am happy to recommend them.

However, you could also try through the web-site for the Central Florida Property Managers Association. generally, anyone who is a mumber of the CFPMA has to hold to fairly high standards. Check them out on:

www.cfpma.com

And don't forget to post your Orlando experiences - good or bad! - here when you get back.

simon.veness@virgin.net

Thanks for the link SimonV! I will certainly check them both out before I make my reservations. Do you happen to know how I can check them out with the Florida BBB?

I've rented from Elite twice. Their prices were the best (they give a 10% AAA discount) and the homes were great. Never had any serious problems with them.

BonnieA,
It seems that there are more than one rental agencies in the Orlando area with the word "Elite" in their name. Is the following the same agency you used? www.elite-homes.com

I am sorry, I was not clear. I am referring to the Better Business Bureau. Thanks again for your help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter