Pinching pennies -- stay onsite only for EMH days?

bladiator

Disney on my mind
OK, here's a wild concocted plan:

For a trip I'm planning to take early December, there is only EMH the first two nights (but for 3 hours a night, so that's pretty great). Is it possible to get a room for two nights at a WDW resort for two nights, and then go somewhere else for the two other nights we're staying, yet get a 4-day ticket?

I guess I just don't exactly know how they know if you're eligible for the EMH or not at the end of the day...

The KTTW cards have the dates listed on them for your stay. The park tickets, although attached to the card, are not set for the same dates.

Example: Nov 19-22 stay at WDW resort (3 night/4 day) and 6 day of park tickets

KTTW card would show 11/19/12 - 11/22/12 and would be good for EMH on those dates. Any tickets not used that are still on the card would still be usable for up to 14 days from the first day the card was swiped to enter a park.

So, since you have to show the card to get in line for rides during evening EMH, it would really depend on how closely they look at the card. I would probably not chance it, but I am not the risk taker in these types of situations. If you want to stay in a park for EMH and are not a WDW resort guest, you can still eat, shop and look around.

OK, here's a wild concocted plan:

For a trip I'm planning to take early December, there is only EMH the first two nights (but for 3 hours a night, so that's pretty great). Is it possible to get a room for two nights at a WDW resort for two nights, and then go somewhere else for the two other nights we're staying, yet get a 4-day ticket?

I guess I just don't exactly know how they know if you're eligible for the EMH or not at the end of the day...

If you don't buy a package, you can just book the room wherever and then buy whatever ticket you need separately.

At every attraction during EMH, you have to show your valid room key. That's how CM's know whether to let you on or not.

I'm pretty sure 1 night at at WDW resort will get you both check in and check out days where you can use EMH. That would work unless the EMH nights are not back to back. I haven't been recently but in the past you had to show your Key to the World card for a wristband??? Not sure I'm remembering right so someone else could confirm that. You can buy a 4 day ticket, doesn't matter where you're staying.

I'm pretty sure 1 night at at WDW resort will get you both check in and check out days where you can use EMH. That would work unless the EMH nights are not back to back. I haven't been recently but in the past you had to show your Key to the World card for a wristband??? Not sure I'm remembering right so someone else could confirm that. You can buy a 4 day ticket, doesn't matter where you're staying.

OK, now this post is a winner. Thank you!

If I'm reading correctly, I don't think the OP is trying to do anything sketch, so I don't know what the above responses are about.

Anyway, the poster I quoted is right. Your KTTW card will grant you access to EMH from the day you check-in through the day you check-out. In other words your KTTW card is still valid for EMH on your check-out day. You can also use your hotel pool if you wanted to on your check-out day.

I was going to suggest the exact same thing as the above poster. As long as the EMH are on consecutive nights, you can stay one night, but get access to two EMH nights. Also, you can buy a 4 day ticket without it being attached to your room.

The only thing I would add is 1. You just show your room key at attractions now, no more wrist bands for EMH and 2. Your car placard for free parking is also still valid on your check-out day.

2. Your car placard for free parking is also still valid on your check-out day.

THAT is fantastic! If you take $14/day off the price of the room, that makes it ultra affordable. (At least, I think about it that way to make the room price seem worthwhile. The EMH is worth it anyways)

do it fairly often.

and yes the Kttw (still call it keys) - is good for the check in day and check out day.

this time staying at BLT and okw

I haven't been recently but in the past you had to show your Key to the World card for a wristband??? Not sure I'm remembering right so someone else could confirm that.

No more wristband. PP was correct - you have to show a valid room key (with the dates) to be allowed access on any open attraction.

Not sure this is relevant, but just in case...

If you are interested in saving money, but want to use EMH, you can check out the cost of a room at Hilton DTD. May be cheaper and still eligible for EMH. I saw somewhere on wdwinfo that the DTD hotels were running deals for 12/2-12/24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter