Pin Trading ?

Yes - there was on the 4 day wonder. One night there was pin trading and the lady stood out there with this huge book of pins. On another night the captain and crew traded pins.

There is also pin trading with CMs who work in the shops & at GS all day when the shops are open. :)

We just got a bunch of pins off of ebay - 85 pins for $110 and we are splitting them with the other family we are going with. We got free shipping b/c we used buy it now option. Our kids are all set for trading in the park the day before and on the cruise. Can't wait to trade!

I just got back from the Wonder and there were a lot of cast members wearing lanyards. Also, one night, 6 officers from the ship come down and wore lanyards. They had no idea what they were doing, but they were very friendly and seemed to enjoy mixing with the few pin traders on board.

I believe that pin trading is seasonal - it isn't done by cast members during the time of year when flu is stronger!

In February last year there was no trading but in December it was as described above.

David

How exactly do you get started with this? My DD wants to do this, not quite sure how to go about getting her started. Do we need pins before we start? Please help. :Pinkbounc

Ditto to the previous post.

We met the nicest pin traders on our first cruise. Hello to Mr. Mike! Brett and Kate still talk about meeting you and show everyone the pins you gave them.

Remember to check out the pins that are for sale as well as the CM lanyards. We were very lucky to have purchased 5 or 6 of the Artist Choice Pin of Chip and Dale with the anchor. A number of people were interested in the C & D pin at the pin event in Epcot last September.

Pocono

There are a number of ways to get started Ohioworkingmom. When we went in 2002 (Wonder) I bought my DS (then 8) and DD (then 5) special lanyards that had duplicate pins on them for trading (2 identical pooh pins and 2 identical eeyore pins). My DS was shy abouting trying it, but DD dove right in and we wound up spending quite a bit on pins. This time I checked one of the websites that sells cheap ones in bulk that are perfect for trading (found the site on the trading DIS boards). We will probably still buy some in the shops on board because they are not available elsewhere, but at least this way they are not trading the more expensive pins with the CMs.
The CMs in the shops were so patient and kind that my DS evetually decided to try trading and now loves it too. Those CMs that are wearing green lanyards only trade with kids, not grownups, which makes my kids feel more comfortable.
They have some nice lanyards on board that hold the KTTW cards as well as the pins, but if you don't want to spend alot you can probably get plain ones anywhere (Walmart, Target ?).

I find I'm into the trading and collecting as much as the kids are and we really have a fun time together with this :) :)

Laurie

I have gotten pins on sale with free shipping & discount codes online at disneydirect. They have big pin sales twice a year and you can get pins for 2-2.50 each. This is great because I can get the kids 18 each for $40 and they can trade for any pins they want. They end up with a full lanyard at the end of the cruise & love looking at them when we get home. If I paid full price for the pins I would be worrying about what they were trading them for. I could only get them at most 6 pins for $40 in the shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter