Pin repair ?

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
I have the Park Hopper pin. (Thin plastic, not metal:( )
The back is not a point with a clasp that snaps over, like most of our pins have.
It is a metal pin back is one of those that has a ring that swivels and the pin moves through the opening. (Not a good explanation, but think you know what I mean.)
The situation -- the ring doesn't have an opening!:( Yes, the notch part swivels in a circle. But there is no opening. :rolleyes:
Has anyone had a pin with this problem too?
Guessing I may just have to take this to a jewelery repair store. Maybe they can remove the pin clasp and replace it.
I just want to be careful, since this is plastic. I don't want it snapped in pieces or the paint scratched.
Suggestions?
:confused:

Raul is out right now taking all of his wet clothes to the cleaners, but when he gets back
I will have him help you, he fixes all of our pins, he has a little shop, ( he uses Cuban, Canadian, Australian
mojo)

Donna

Jeff is learning to play with Super Glue & acetone - maybe he can help :) :)! I know it doesn't have to do with food or taking litter OUT, but maybe Nat has some ideas! And just think Donna is offering Raul's help! You didn't want that pin drowned now, did you :)? I am being so silly right now after having read all these funny posts. Sorry, no serious answer :) :)!

I know you can get replacement back like that at most craft supplie stores like Michael's, A.C. Moore and JoAnn Fabrics. If the part that spins around is missing the slot you might be able to remove it with a pair of pliers and replace it with the same part from a new one. If it is the stationary part try to see if the plating is clogging the slot. You may be able to use a hacksaw blade or edge of a file to clean it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter