• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Pics of the WL room rehabs?

I'd second that request. The pics on allears are good, but there aren't very many.

I didn't get any Pics, but I stayed in a renovated room on the first floor (Room 1030 I think) July 21-23. The room is ADA with a roll-in shower, but otherwise it is identical to the other refurbished rooms. I really like the new changes (we were in an old room for a family vacation in January). There is a flat screen LG television and new bed linens, carpet and furniture. The room had a fridge, but no mini bar. The lights over the bed are controlled by a switch in the bed posts (it was kind of hard to spot). The room wasn't dark to me, and it seems to fit the theme really well. The HVAC controller is the old style (non-digital) thermostat which gives the user complete control of the AC in the room. I give the overhaul a big thumbs up.

I'm loving the light switch on the bed post - I love hotels that do that! Also the user-controlled AC will be a huge hit with my Dad when we go in Jan. 2007!

Demosthenes, did they replace the beds that were killers on your legs when you bumped into them?

Does any on know when the refurbishment of the WL will be complete?

They DID replace the beds that everyone seemed to stub their toes on. (I know everyone in my family did this in the old rooms at least once per trip). Now there is a headboard made of leather and wood - the leather is where your head rests and the wood carving is above that.

The refurbishment should be complete by the middle to end of August.

I do not believe that the renovations include the villas.

I have some pics, but I have to download them to PhotoBucket. I'll do that this evening and post them.

We stayed in room 4004 from 7/17 to 7/24. LOVED THIS ROOM!!!

On the Frequently Asked WL thread there are pictures. I think if you look at the last five pages or so you should find some.

We are going in January and it will be nice to know that the work should be completed.

When we were there back in 1999 they literally had to cut a hole in the outside wall of our room. It wasn’t a bad deal, we were gone before they started and back after they had finished and we had a nice basket of goodies left in our room to boot.

The work is just about completed. I think they are just finishing up the CL rooms

Gary M said:
Demosthenes, did they replace the beds that were killers on your legs when you bumped into them?

They did. These are much better. The old ones even hurt my legs when I sat on the edge of them the wrong way, but these are fine. Actually, they were quite comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter