Pick Me a Disney Springs Restaurant

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at booking ADRs next week and we've only been to Disney Springs once. We ate at Raglan Road, which was fine but with all the new places that have opened I don't think we'd repeat it. But I haven't kept up with reviews. Paddlefish's menu looks interesting. Morimoto too. I have heard that Homecomin is great but I'm not a huge comfort food fan and we are probably going to eat at 50s PT.

It's me, DH, DD10, DD8, and DS6. The kids will probably all eat off the kids menu.

Where in DS would you eat?

If Homecoming doesn't appeal to you I'd consider either Morimoto or The Boathouse. They both have excellent food and a range of pricing options. You can also book them via OpenTable so you could always change your mind if need be. We've only done Paddlefish once but we found it massively overpriced and the service poor at best.

I loved Homecomin' both times we went and look forward to our next trip. I thoroughly enjoyed the bootlegger (since departed from the menu) and rumshine punch, crispy/not greasy fried chicken and yummy hummingbird cake. I also really loved Frontera Cocina--the bacon guac and enchiladas were just so good. I'm looking forward to trying dessert next time. After hearing such wonderful thoughts on Morimoto, we'll be trying that in January as well.

I thought the food was well done at the Boathouse but I'd keep your eye on the opening of Jaleo. I think it could become one of the better offerings property wide.

Hi. Can you please let me know when Jaleo is suppose to be open?

Thank you.

Boathouse , as PP said you can book with Open Table . We enjoyed our meal. I had the Coconut Shrimp and DH the Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Mac n Cheese. The lobster bisque was very good .

They held a Job Fair at the beginning of October so I'm thinking they have to be getting close. I'll be there first week of December and I'm hoping they're up and running by then. Jose Andres is an amazing Chef.

Thank you. We are going January 4-12 and staying at SSR so will be at DTD most evenings. My new favorite place is Wine Bar George. Wasnt a fan of Fronteria. We live in New York and can get much better Tex Mex/Mexican.

Homecomin was okay and we will try it again in January. Have Boathouse (we enjoy it there), Wine Bar Geoege and Homecoming. Will also add Jaleo if it becomes available. Do you know if I should keep a look out on Opentable or MDE?

Thanks.

We've only done Paddlefish once but we found it massively overpriced and the service poor at best.

Agree! DD#2 and I went a few weeks after they opened and due to service being so lacking and the prices so high we only ordered apps and a drink, whereas we had planned to order dinner. It was SO pricey and very mediocre IMHO. We trotted down to Morimoto after our apps and ate upstairs at the sushi bar! Mmm.

My family and I LOVE, Frontera Cocina! Rick Bayless is a well known chef and the food is excellent. BUT, one needs to know this is NOT Tex-Mex! It is authentic Mexican. They even hand make their own corn tortillas and they are sooooo good! Love, love their guacamole, their margaritas and have enjoyed every entree we've tried there, and we've tried a bunch.

At DS we like the following places:

Morimoto Asia
Boathouse
Sprinkles
Will be eating at Wine Bar George this T-Day. Hope it lives up to it's various reviews.
Earl of Sandwich is our go to for travel food.
Hoping Jaleo opens during our next two visits (Thanksgiving and December holidays) and it's as good as the DC restaurant.
I think I'm forgetting a restaurant there we liked but it'll come back in time. Wasn't Fronteria that's for sure.

Will also add Jaleo if it becomes available. Do you know if I should keep a look out on Opentable or MDE?

Thanks.

That's a good question. I keep looking at the Blogs for any updates. Disney lists it as a Fine Dining/Signature Restaurant not currently Dining Plan eligible. If it eventually ends up DP eligible I'm curious as to what those credits will get you. Like NYCgrrl I'm a fan of his DC location. Much of that menu is higher end Tapas with a heavy leaning toward Iberico Charcuterie and Spanish D.O. Cheeses with only a handful of entrees in the $40 to $50 range. This may be one of the restaurants where it just makes more sense paying out of pocket for several small plates as opposed to using the DP but we'll see.

There are so many new places to try. We are locals and so we venture to Disney Springs for date night often.

Boat House is our Favorite - really good food and service. We eaten here several times, and it has always been on point, from start to finish. If its nice and cool sit outside... really enjoyable. This is a relax pace type of meal service.

Morimoto's - this is another go to if we can get a ressie... Food and Service are on point, and we have never had a bad meal. The ribs are so dang good.. We normally share a couple of appetizers. We like to eat upstairs for the 2 of us, its a bit quieter. Not sure on the kids options here. You might want to check and see if its something your kids will enjoy.

RainForest, T-REX, both really fun and relaxed atmosphere, We have always had great service and food, and its super kid friendly. They are Landry's proprieties, so if your a Landry's member you can get points, or if your visiting during your birthday ( card holder) I think that there is a 25 dollar birthday gift. If you not you might want to look into becoming a member.

Planet Hollywood - This spot does not get much love, but again its a nice and relaxed atmosphere and kid friendly. We have had a couple of meals here, and all the food and service was on point.

Polite Pig - While we haven't tried here yet, some friends raved about it, and it smells so good when you walk by.

The Earl of Sandwich is a great stop for a quick serve meal, The Thanksgiving sandwich is my favorite.

The dine in movies are a fun time, and I was surprised that the food is really pretty good. Plus its really fun for the kids. big kids too...

Bongos - just say NO... terrible food and service

House of Blues - Bar food, just middle of the road. If they have a good entertainment outside and the weather is really nice and cool, have a drink and listen a while.

Do spend so time walking around, there is alot of entertainment at different spots, and its all very enjoyable...

We took our 2 DS to The Edison for dinner in May and it was one of our favorites during our trip. The boys loved the food and atmosphere.

BY far our best meal in all of WDW was Homecomin’! The worst by far was Boathouse, horrible food in our opinion! Rainforest Cafe is great for atmosphere, food is pretty good but nothing fabulous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter