photoshop

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
my ds , 17, wants to learn photoshop, gets frustrated learning on his own. tried the main one everyone uses as a tutorial by manufacturer but stumped. he has questions, etc. Where do you guys recommend he learns but can also ask questions?

Check for evening "extended education" classes at the local CoCo. Also check if you have any local camera stores who may sponsor classes. Groups with teacher-led courses are definitely the way to go, if possible. Then again, nowadays, those may all be remote learning anyways.

Also, make sure he knows WHAT he wants to learn. IOW, just to be generally good with basic concepts or really good at specific sets of actions. That will help him explain himself to most trainers so they can help him.

I'm not saying don't go to photo forums to ask questions but - don't go to photo forums to ask questions. Photographer groups do have a tendency to treat newcomers or those w/o knowledge very poorly (like everywhere else on the internet). There may be a couple of boards where you can find accepting souls but they are the exception rather than the rule so warn him to be careful where/what he asks.

Check for evening "extended education" classes at the local CoCo. Also check if you have any local camera stores who may sponsor classes. Groups with teacher-led courses are definitely the way to go, if possible. Then again, nowadays, those may all be remote learning anyways.

Also, make sure he knows WHAT he wants to learn. IOW, just to be generally good with basic concepts or really good at specific sets of actions. That will help him explain himself to most trainers so they can help him.

I'm not saying don't go to photo forums to ask questions but - don't go to photo forums to ask questions. Photographer groups do have a tendency to treat newcomers or those w/o knowledge very poorly (like everywhere else on the internet). There may be a couple of boards where you can find accepting souls but they are the exception rather than the rule so warn him to be careful where/what he asks.
thanks, i actually found it with your suggested search! love 'coco' phrase, never heard of that before, took me a second!

Reactions: KVH

Adobe Ed Ex actually has a really outstanding set of tutorials. You can access them through the help section of PS. The lessons are similar to my own curriculum that I use to get my high school students ready for the ACA PS exam. It's not just one tutorial, but a series of lessons through Adobe EX that are set up as classes.

My suggestion would be youtube. There are a lot of great tutorials on there, but ofcourse the downside is you can't ask questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter