Photos

battenburg

Earning My Ears
Has anyone recently come back from an adventure? You now get all of the photos that your Adventure Guides take and don't have to pay for them. How cool is that?!?

That's new. In the past we would get the CD with the slide show on it--and then order any other photos we wanted from the PhotoPass site; a couple of times we got a $100 per booking credit toward a photo order so we were able to put together a nice book of our adventure. Out last trip, no such credit--so we ended up making our own book with our own photos using Shutterfly. So--I wonder if this is different on a Gateway trip? (Regular trip, get all of the photos--Gateway, get the CD but have to order more?)

I hope that's true for all the trips. I've always thought it was a little cheesy for ABD to charge us thousands of dollars for the trip and then hit us up for another $150 for the CD. I used the preorder last year and got it for $99, but they've eliminated that. The preorder wasn't intended for ABD, so people like me who abused it are probably the reason they don't offer it anymore. :-) You know it doesn't cost very much for them to produce the photo CD. I would rather have that included than the backpack. I like the backpacks, but I don't need another one. Including the CD has to make it easier for the guides too. They take so many pictures, once with their camera and once with ours, this way they can just take one photo since you'll get it anyway.

Has anyone recently come back from an adventure? You now get all of the photos that your Adventure Guides take and don't have to pay for them. How cool is that?!?
I'm curious where you heard this? It's really cool if it's true!

Sayhello

I spoke to someone at the Reservation Center and they said that this is new for 2010. All photos and the slideshow come on one disc. This is awesome!

I wonder if it's still uploaded to PhotoPass. I think I would rather have a credit that you could use to cover the cost of the CD. With them being on Photopass you could modify the pictures, add borders etc and have a CD with all your changes. You could also make a book.

Everyone I have showed my book to has thought it was great and it's an easy way to get the highlights in a book while the info is still fresh.

I also liked having it on Photopass since we book two rooms I could combine the numbers and have all pictures together and still have two seperate DVDs. Otherwise I would only have the group pictures and pictues of half of the family.

If they are including the pictures on the DVD I would probably only have half the pictures on each. Since my brother lives in a different state than I that wouldn't be good since he would only have pictures of him on his DVD and I would only have pictures of me on mine.

The only problem I had with Photopass was that all the pictures weren't always there, they were in random order sometimes, and one time I had pictures from Germany (June) included in our Backstage Magic trip (Dec), but was missing some BackStage Magic pictures.

Unfortunately we won't be able to do ABD this year (get to go to Dworld and a cruise though :) )

I spoke to someone at the Reservation Center and they said that this is new for 2010. All photos and the slideshow come on one disc. This is awesome!

Wow this is AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2

been a while since I posted! So Hi everyone!

The last night of our trip they sat us down and we watched a video/slideshow of all the pics that our guides took of our group during the week! That came in the mail free to us about 2 weeks later! During our trip we also got 2 envelopes of pics (about 5 in each envelope) as little surprises. That was a nice touch!

I REALLY NEED AN ABD TO GO ON!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter