Photos from this past weekend.........

Great photos! What are you shooting with?

Hi momof2mouses, thanks!

I am shooting with a Nikon D800E, use a SB-800 Speedlight (on some shots) and these photos all were shot using a 24-70 AF-S Nikkor 2.8G (N)

Beautiful pics! Where were you standing for the Wishes pictures? It's a great spot!

I was standing about 75 feet (roughly) past Casey's in the middle of the road. I actually think you can see more from further back (especially during the perimeter shows).

Hi momof2mouses, thanks!

I am shooting with a Nikon D800E, use a SB-800 Speedlight (on some shots) and these photos all were shot using a 24-70 AF-S Nikkor 2.8G (N)

These are incredible! I don't have the FF body you have but my D7000 will be sporting that lens next trip :cool1:

I really love night and low light photography so the shots in your gallery are of particular appeal to me. Your fireworks photos are incredible! Did you have anyone with you to 'guard' your tripod legs from being accidentally kicked? It's the one thing that kept me pinned to railings last year rather than braving Main Street out in the open.

Also, one more question, did you use a neutral density filter? Sorry about all the questions. If I didn't like the pics I wouldn't be asking :rotfl: :thumbsup2

These are incredible! I don't have the FF body you have but my D7000 will be sporting that lens next trip :cool1:

I really love night and low light photography so the shots in your gallery are of particular appeal to me. Your fireworks photos are incredible! Did you have anyone with you to 'guard' your tripod legs from being accidentally kicked? It's the one thing that kept me pinned to railings last year rather than braving Main Street out in the open.

Also, one more question, did you use a neutral density filter? Sorry about all the questions. If I didn't like the pics I wouldn't be asking :rotfl: :thumbsup2

Thank you for your comments!

As for the filter, I don't use filters as I like to shoot in raw and post-process for color corrections. Not sure about the D7000 in terms of what it can do but I like to adjust lighting conditions with manual settings (i typically shoot 100ISO and bulb setting for shutter). I use a manual control release for the fireworks so I don't have to touch the camera and can make the shot take as long as possible. I guess you could use a ND filter if you wanted the shot to last longer, but it's been my experience that the longer you open the shot with fireworks, the more it looks like a ball of light. I also like to keep quality as high as possible (thus why I shoot RAW/TIFF) and like to avoid adding another layer of glass to the lense. Sometimes it can cause ghosting or lense flare. Only time I'd use a ND filter (just my personal opinion) is if it's a very very high end one that has some type of coating to reduce those things.

As for tripod..........I was with my family but have done it solo more times than not for shooting the fireworks. I typically just do this.........only open the tripod partially. It will be fairly narrow standing. I simply stand in a wider than normal stance (feet slightly beyond shoulder width). I put the legs of my tripod between my stance. Again it's not open fully so its not wide. This means it can tip easily so I just put my camera around my neck (while not pulling on the camera, but just in case the tripod tips (which it hasnt yet).

I try to be as small as possible so as to be respectful of others and I've never found there to be a problem with people bumping.

Thanks for the info. I purchased what I believe to be a decent ND filter (just over $100 so not the best but stayed with a known brand). I typically don't use filters at all but had thought it would help me get longer exposures, which it did. I was very much a newbie and last trip was my first ever attempt at fireworks so there were things I did right and more things I learned from. I did use a cabled shutter release and shot at ISO100. I did not however consider degraded image quality so that is something new for me to consider.

Thanks for the tip about the tripod. I never thought about partially opening a tripod!!

I'm really impressed with your work! Looking forward to getting home tonight and being able to take my time to look through them properly and enjoy them. Thank you so much for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter