Photopass question from Aus-Dis'ers

Did you sign up for photopass before you went to DW?

You don't sign up for photopass you simply find a photopass photographer. For example in the Magic Kingdom there are usually a lot of them in Main Street with their photopass uniforms and big cameras. You simply ask one of them to take your photo they will then give you a card which you keep with you. From then on everytime you see a photopass worker you hand them your card and they take your picture adding it to your card. At the end of your trip you can go online and check the pictures out, add borders etc. You have thirty days to make changes and order the cd.

I also discoverd that the WDW CD price is different to the DL price. The price you pay depends on which park you go to last. The WDW price is about USD149 but we ended up paying the DL price which was about USD50.

Bugger, we're doing it in the opposite direction so I guess I'll have to pay for the more expensive option!

So is it 30 days from having your first photo taken, or 30 days from accessing the photos? We are going to the US for 6 weeks and won't be home 30 days after going to Disneyland. Does that mean I'll lose my photos?

Bugger, we're doing it in the opposite direction so I guess I'll have to pay for the more expensive option!

So is it 30 days from having your first photo taken, or 30 days from accessing the photos? We are going to the US for 6 weeks and won't be home 30 days after going to Disneyland. Does that mean I'll lose my photos?

I believe it's 30 days from the date of accessing the photos, but I'd double check just to be on the safe side. I don't think 30 days is long enough to be honest; 60 would be better, especially for overseas visitors who tend to stay away longer.

You have 30 days from the date of your first photo being taken to register your photopass cards and then 30 days from that date to edit and order your photos or CD.
When we went for six weeks in 2007 I created my photopass account on the website before I left. You can do this anytime you like as you don't need the photopass cards at that stage. Just before the 30 days was up I registered my photopass cards on the website. If you don't have a laptop or access on your phone you should be able to find an internet cafe or free kiosk at one of the hotels you stay in. When I returned to Australia I then took the time to edit my photos and order the disc.

That's good to know, thanks Platypus :).

We will be at Disneyland around June 14th, then at WDW from June 30th to July 8th. So I could get the photopass at Disneyland, use it at both DL and WDW and register it when we leave WDW? As long as I register by July 14th, is that right? We get home July 23rd so I would still have 3 weeks to edit and order, if I'm reading that correctly.

That's good to know, thanks Platypus :).

We will be at Disneyland around June 14th, then at WDW from June 30th to July 8th. So I could get the photopass at Disneyland, use it at both DL and WDW and register it when we leave WDW? As long as I register by July 14th, is that right? We get home July 23rd so I would still have 3 weeks to edit and order, if I'm reading that correctly.

Sounds about right to me. I would still double check on the photopass website when you create your account, just in case they have made any changes I'm not aware of since we last used it. We used the service in 2007 and 2008. I uploaded my photos again this past October but there were very few so I never ordered anything. I still have my account so will most likely use it again next year as we were quite pleased with the CD we ordered on both previous trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter