Photopass - photo quality??

lam21575

Earning My Ears
Hi! So, I've searched the boards and can't find an answer to this. I really love the idea of Photopass+ as I am the picture taker in the family and am NEVER in the pics. However, it is expensive, so am curious...are the pictures good quality? Has anyone done Photopass+ and been disappointed in the pic quality i.e. was everyone looking at camera w no eyes closed or felt it was great quality and all really great pics? Is there a Photopass thread where folks have posted pics taken by CM's?

Thanks!!

Hi! So, I've searched the boards and can't find an answer to this. I really love the idea of Photopass+ as I am the picture taker in the family and am NEVER in the pics. However, it is expensive, so am curious...are the pictures good quality? Has anyone done Photopass+ and been disappointed in the pic quality i.e. was everyone looking at camera w no eyes closed or felt it was great quality and all really great pics? Is there a Photopass thread where folks have posted pics taken by CM's?

Thanks!!

We have always gotten the photopass and last year the photopass plus and we love it. While you may get a few pics that are "off", overall, we find the pictures to be great, hence, why we get it each year. Last couple of years, we ended up with over 200 pictures on our CD. You can save a little money by pre-ordering it before you leave for vacation.

Our experience with PP+ was great. We found that each of the photographers took several pictures of each shot. If one didn't come out so nice, the other two did. We were very happy with the purchase and will certainly get PP+ on our next vacation.

I pre-purchased Photopass on my last year because, like you, I never get to be in the picture. I loved it! Best money I spent on my trip! I got to be in photos and I got to enjoy my son meeting characters because I wasn't seeing it through the camera lens. Also, by prepaying I never felt bad about getting a photo taken- the more, the better!

Out of 200+ photos on my trip, I didn't get a bad one.

Quality is good.

The photo resolution is roughly 7 MP in a four by six format, if you order the CD.

They do tend to use a flash with every photo, even in full sun to remove shadows from baseball caps, etc... so some of the photos will look a little different than you may be used to, but overall they are very good quality and we haven't had complaints the last three years using the photopass system and getting the CD.

They do tend to take 2-3 shots everytime to help give you at least one photo that is good.

Dan

Photo pass is great. We got so many great family photos. Very thankful for this because my daughter did the wonderland tea party and the pp photographer was in there too so we didn't have to Choose which ones we liked best!

I love photopass for a few reasons. I can be in all the photos, cool Disney boarders, and I can upload them to my favorite photo service website and buy my pictures for a much better price.

I love photopass for a few reasons. I can be in all the photos, cool Disney boarders, and I can upload them to my favorite photo service website and buy my pictures for a much better price.

They also throw in some random character pics, and we used them for decor in my sons Mickey themed room! :-)

The quality is great. We just received one of our shots with Mickey on a 16x20 canvas as a gift. It looks fantastic. :goodvibes

i'm also the picture taker; i pre ordered the photopass when I went last ... so we made a point to take pictures with the photopass people whenever one was around

i was disappointed in some of the pictures, but with that said i have a dslr with professional lenses and am very critical when it comes to photos

but regardless, the pictures usually turned out good; and i will continue to pre-order the photopass with every trip

if you'd like I can send u/post some of the pictures that i was not satisfied with and ones that I loved

Quality is good.

The photo resolution is roughly 7 MP in a four by six format, if you order the CD.

They do tend to use a flash with every photo, even in full sun to remove shadows from baseball caps, etc... so some of the photos will look a little different than you may be used to, but overall they are very good quality and we haven't had complaints the last three years using the photopass system and getting the CD.

They do tend to take 2-3 shots everytime to help give you at least one photo that is good.

Dan

This all the way. I also love it because they sometimes grab pics that I would've missed because I was too busy making sure DS walked up to the characters, etc. Those first meeting pics are the best, and with 2-4 pictures of each shot, I've never had an issue with finding a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter