Photopass for longer trips

mummabear

DIS Veteran
I see the one week photopass only lasts 7 consecutive days.
For people with 10 day tickets will they extend this? Or have any other option besides purchasing either another photopass one week, or each individual day?

You can buy two one-week passes, or a one-week and three days (which would seem less economical).

A big price increase from the old $99 deal
But still much better than the flat $39/day they offered for a while when they took the one week deal off the table.

Also be aware that it's not as great a product as it used to be. Borders can only be added in the app and emailed to yourself one at a time. And when I last used it, the selection of borders was awful.

Have you looked at upgrading one person's ticket to an AP that includes Photopass?

Honestly, you're lucky to even be able to buy 10 day tickets. Most of us have to buy two 5 day tickets (or an AP) if we want to visit for that long.

Well I think we may just forgo PP at all.
Anyone know how much individual ride photos are?

OP, given you've got a 10 day ticket, am i right in assuming you're from down under?
I was also annoyed at the shortness of the PP given we can get 10 day tickets.

However, maybe MaxPass will be the answer? $10 a day and it includes PP

OP, given you've got a 10 day ticket, am i right in assuming you're from down under?
I was also annoyed at the shortness of the PP given we can get 10 day tickets.

However, maybe MaxPass will be the answer? $10 a day and it includes PP

Yes we are in NZ.
I don't see us going for the maxpass as a family of 5 at $10 USD per person per day it just adds up to a lot more than we have paid for PP before.
Although come to think of it maybe we paid $199 for it one year at WDW will have to double check.

Yes we are in NZ.
I don't see us going for the maxpass as a family of 5 at $10 USD per person per day it just adds up to a lot more than we have paid for PP before.
Although come to think of it maybe we paid $199 for it one year at WDW will have to double check.
Perhaps only one of you needs it? I know we dont know much about it yet, but it might work out that only one of you needs it and you can still pull FP the regular way, and one of you has the PP bonus so they just scan their device at all the PP spots?

Perhaps only one of you needs it? I know we dont know much about it yet, but it might work out that only one of you needs it and you can still pull FP the regular way, and one of you has the PP bonus so they just scan their device at all the PP spots?

That's a good point, that could work for sure-I take it there is no info about how PP will work with MP?
Surely they have though of families doing this and put in something to stop it?

There is another option.... for $100. You cannot pre-purchase has to be done at the camera/photo shop in either park. You activate it on your last day in the park and it gives you all the pics for the previous 45 days.

This is a quick summary guide from disneyland daily

photopass.png

But still much better than the flat $39/day they offered for a while when they took the one week deal off the table.

Also be aware that it's not as great a product as it used to be. Borders can only be added in the app and emailed to yourself one at a time. And when I last used it, the selection of borders was awful.

Have you looked at upgrading one person's ticket to an AP that includes Photopass?

Honestly, you're lucky to even be able to buy 10 day tickets. Most of us have to buy two 5 day tickets (or an AP) if we want to visit for that long.
Getting a single AP was going to be my advice as well. When you factor in the cost of a 10 day ticket, Photopass and dining and merchandise discounts it might be the best way to go.

Looking online it appears 10 day tickets are around $500 making a Signature pass $350 more. If you factor in the $100 Photopass option carnival kid mentioned above, you would break even if you spend roughly $1500 in food and merch, which seems reasonable for a ten day trip for five people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter