• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass + at resort check in?

flip526

Earning My Ears
We purchased PP+ and included it in our vacation package about two months ago (for a trip next month). We've been waiting patiently for a CD and voucher to come in the mail, since many DISers have said that you have to get a voucher to exchange for the card/lanyard at the parks.

I called reservations to see why I haven't received the vouchers yet and they said that since I bought a package I would receive the CD and card/lanyard upon check-in. Has this happened to anyone? Is this a new change?

I purchased the photopass as well, although we are going in November. I was told that I would receive a voucher upon check in and I would turn that in at the first park for the card they give you.

The photopass "voucher" will be included in your official docs you receive a few weeks before you travel (it is a voucher just like you will get for Disney Quest, mini golf, Sammy Duval water sports etc). There are only a few resorts that have the photo pass stations..these are the ones I know of:
GF
Poly
BC (i think this is only open in the evening)
WL
AKL

There is also a station in DTD marketplace

If you are not staying at any of these resorts there are stations in each theme park:
MK... Exposition Hall (on the right side as you come out from railroad bridge next to Tony's)

Epcot...Camera Center located on the left of Spaceship Earth if entering from Future World tunrstiles

HS...Cover Story located as you enter on Hollywood Blvd (on right side of street)

AK....Garden Gate Gifts located on the right after turnstile (where they rent strollers/wheelchairs etc)

You will give them your "voucher" at any of these locations and they will then give you your photopass lanyard and Photo Gallery CD. When you return home you will create an account on photopass website. You will place a CD in your "cart" and at check out you will enter your "promotion code" that is included in your Photo Gallery CD pamphlet. Then they will send you your CD.

If you add the Photopass option after Disney has cut your docs they will send your "voucher" to the resort directly. (You must now order it at least 7 days prior to travel to if you want to have it included in your package and get discount) Make sure to ask for this because they may not see it is included until they research. The concierge desk had my voucher at Riverside but I had to ask CM to locate it for me.

Always take a pic of the back of your photopass card so if you lose it they can find your photos etc and give you new pass.

Hope this helps!

Kim

So if we don't add it to our package and buy it on its own before we leave they will mail the CD/voucher to us in advance is that correct?

I purchased mine a few months ago, and received both my voucher and stock photo CD in the mail a couple of weeks later.

They must have changed something since then?

Call back and double check. If you pre-purchase the plan, you have to have the voucher. And a picture of the voucher will not work (we forgot the voucher at our hotel, on our first day at the park- I had read on here to take pictures of all of your tickets, so I did have a picture of the front and back of the voucher saved on my phone), you must have the physical voucher. It looks like a red coupon, maybe two inches by six inches long and it's easy to misplace!

The weird thing is I called twice and both CMs gave me the same answer - that since I pre-purchased PP+ along with our vacation package, everything would need to be picked up at the resort upon check in and that no voucher or CD would be mailed to us. Thought that was strange - and certainly different than what I had read about PP+ here - so wanted to see if people had the same experience. I will call back and see if a third CM will tell me something different!

The weird thing is I called twice and both CMs gave me the same answer - that since I pre-purchased PP+ along with our vacation package, everything would need to be picked up at the resort upon check in and that no voucher or CD would be mailed to us. Thought that was strange - and certainly different than what I had read about PP+ here - so wanted to see if people had the same experience. I will call back and see if a third CM will tell me something different!

Is it a package add on or purchased separate. Mine was a package add on which I know they send the voucher for...which is why I posted my experience etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter