Photography

lovinpoohbear

lovinpoohbear
My ta told me that disney has photographers on the ship. does anyone know how much these pictures are? Do they do special effects on their pictures as in the Magic Kingdom Park? We are so excited about our Sept. 25 sailing and want to know every detail about the cruise!!!! Thanks!!!! :cheer2:

Hi,

Yes, DCL does have photographers all over the ship. Sometimes it seems like more photographers than passengers. :rotfl:

Prices vary depending on the size and the style. Stocks photos (ships, characters) are around $10, portraits (they will have a variety of backdrops around the ship in the evening) are $19.95 for 8x10.

The best deal is to look into a package if you think you're going to get several photos. If you're not sure at the begining be sure to save your recipts for any you do buy, it you want to upgrade to a package the prior purchases can be applied to the package price.

Yes, they can do special effects. They did some really cool effects photos on our westbound Panama Canal cruise in May.

Have a wonderful trip. :wave2:

Actually the stock photos of ship or characters are 2 for $10. We used these in place of the ones they take of you on board to fill up the space on our package deal. I guess we didn't get enough taken of us with characters to fill it up. Next time! Otherwise the 6x8 are $10 each. The stock ones might even be 5x7's. I don't quite remember without getting them out of my scrapping pile I have started!

Just got off the ship yesterday. They took photos of the ship leaving LA arriving in all three ports. They come in 8 x10 and 6x8. they are considered stock and if you get the smaller pics they were 5 for $20 I think. The 8x10's are not included in the packages. As a previous poster stated you can upgrade your package at any time. the 6x8 are 9.95 a piece I think. If you buy a package and don't use the whole package they will refund you, I unfortantely had to upgrade 3 times! LOL (Don't tell dh). They have borders they do on pics with the ports of call around them but they only took one of my ds. They also take pics in Lumineres/Tritons, PC, AP etc with the names of the rest. on the side. They are at most character appearances and with the character breakfast they seem to just take pics of Mickey and Minnie. They are not usually at pic opportunities outside though they do walk around and take pics of the kids at the pools. Also they set up on formal and semi-formal night for family pics and pics with Minnie and Mickey and Donald and Daisy. they also did lifestyle portraits which were a lot like what the picture people do. We skipped that or I would have spent even more!
Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter