Photobucket Replacement?

Flutter-butter

Earning My Ears
I tried to search for this, but I don't see a thread that covers this. Sorry if this is a duplicate!

As many of you know, Photobucket changed their TOS and links to your photos on their website no longer work. I would like to find someplace for my photos where I can add a link to post photos. I am thinking about Google Photos and I uploaded all my photos there but I'll have to pay for more room on the server if I want to keep them there. Is that a good solution? Will I be able to add a link here so you can see my photos?

We've been talking about it here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/not-sure-if-this-is-a-tecchie-question-or-not-but.3617730/

There seems to be times that Google Photos works, and sometimes it doesn't as the images later disappear and the poster still sees the pics, while others don't. It was talked about in the St Maarten thread, pages 2-5. And also a photo Sam Gordon had linked to on the thread above is also not able to be seen now.

I currently moved my Signature photos to a private blog post I made at Blogger.com - a company owned by Google. I'm waiting to see if they also disappear after being "hotlinked" to, although I don't see why they would.

Yeah, I'm bummed that I lost my Carousel of Progress photo in my signature, as just today I got that ugly gray box from Photobucket about updating my account to allow 3rd party hosting so I clicked on the link and they want waaaaaayyyyy too much $$ to update. Isn't going to happen, and I no longer have access to that photo (my computer tower puked so my son hooked me up to my Mom's, actually both hard drives are in it - he built both computers himself - but for some reason my hard drive cannot be accessed) so I have no signature at all right now. :(

Yeah, I'm bummed that I lost my Carousel of Progress photo in my signature, as just today I got that ugly gray box from Photobucket about updating my account to allow 3rd party hosting so I clicked on the link and they want waaaaaayyyyy too much $$ to update. Isn't going to happen, and I no longer have access to that photo (my computer tower puked so my son hooked me up to my Mom's, actually both hard drives are in it - he built both computers himself - but for some reason my hard drive cannot be accessed) so I have no signature at all right now. :(
Did you try to download the photo? I've heard varying reports about people being able to download after their links are broken.

Any other suggestions on who to use for our signatures? I tried Google photos and that didn't work. Someone on another thread suggested tinyurl (???I think that was it) but that didn't work either.

That's not working either. When I copy and past the info it only shows [/IMG]

What are you copying and pasting from?

I usually just follow these steps...

1. Upload pic to imgur.

2. Right click on picture and choose "Open Image in New Tab".

3. Click.

4. When the picture opens, I simply copy the URL in the browser bar. (Control C)

5. Then I come here, click on the image button in the bar above my post, and paste in the the URL. (Control V)

The picture should show up immediately, like so...

OZuJr6Q.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter