Photo Sharing: People & Portraits

Kathy, that is my son. Finally figured out my remote flash trigger, this being one of my first off camera flash shots.

Now you need a stand and an umbrella.... and multiple flashes...

Once you go off camera, it opens a whole new avenue for G.A.S. But at least that stuff is relatively cheap.

So I was doing headshots of 80+ kids for my daughter's school theater. Had 2 off camera flashes remotely, with umbrellas, etc. I couldn't figure out why I was getting some inconsistent lighting. I didn't realize it until I got home, my camera's bracketing was on -- My shots were ranging from -1 to +4 EV, lol. I really need to be more careful about that.

Now you need a stand and an umbrella.... and multiple flashes...

Once you go off camera, it opens a whole new avenue for G.A.S. But at least that stuff is relatively cheap.

So I was doing headshots of 80+ kids for my daughter's school theater. Had 2 off camera flashes remotely, with umbrellas, etc. I couldn't figure out why I was getting some inconsistent lighting. I didn't realize it until I got home, my camera's bracketing was on -- My shots were ranging from -1 to +4 EV, lol. I really need to be more careful about that.

umbrella and stand on the way. Lol!

I feel you on the bracketing. I've done that or I've forgot to turn off the timed shutter - but that's usually one and done. :D

I feel you on the bracketing. I've done that or I've forgot to turn off the timed shutter - but that's usually one and done. :D

Timed shutter I'll notice right away. I'd typically notice the bracketing pretty quickly, but the effect wasn't nearly as dramatic with all the flash lighting. But 1 out of every 5 shots was clearly a bit under, and 1 out of every 5 was a bit over.

Kathy, that is my son. Finally figured out my remote flash trigger, this being one of my first off camera flash shots.

What did you get??? :hyper:

I have a friend that has a pro-flash set-up in his garage. I'd like to do something but I can't quite justify the $$$$$ he's spent on his set up.

Princess Ariel at the beach. #disneybounding
DSC_1238-L.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter