Photo editing software or app recommendations?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
I am having a photo shoot done by a professional photographer. They are editing some of my photos for free, but the rest will be left unedited unless I pay additional for that, and it could really add up. Does anyone have any relatively inexpensive and easy to use photo editing software or apps they would recommend where I could edit the remaining photos myself? I'd be willing to pay, but would probably want to keep it to less than $50 since I likely won't use it again. I'd be looking for basic things like blemish/scar removal and possibly effects to make me appear smaller in the mid-section. I don't anticipate needing to change anything with lighting or objects in the way, since it will be done by a professional in a studio. Thanks for any help!

Why you shouldn't ask your professional photographer for unedited photos:
https://medium.com/calebkerr/the-va...n-i-have-all-the-unedited-photos-1e8dc9980a29

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my OP - I did not ask for the unedited photos. The package the photographer offered me is all of the photos on a disc (around 300) with 10 photos edited for free. If I want the remaining photos edited, it's $10 per photo and that's entirely up to me. I may pay to have a couple more done but I can't afford to have all of them done at $10 a photo. Hence the reason I'm looking for some kind of software where I can do basic things myself if need be. Do you have any suggestions for that? Thanks!

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my OP - I did not ask for the unedited photos. The package the photographer offered me is all of the photos on a disc (around 300) with 10 photos edited for free. If I want the remaining photos edited, it's $10 per photo and that's entirely up to me. I may pay to have a couple more done but I can't afford to have all of them done at $10 a photo. Hence the reason I'm looking for some kind of software where I can do basic things myself if need be. Do you have any suggestions for that? Thanks!
You will likely have a very hard time making your edits look similar to the 10 they edit for you. Do you have a friend with an editing program who knows how to do some of the basics?

You will likely have a very hard time making your edits look similar to the 10 they edit for you. Do you have a friend with an editing program who knows how to do some of the basics?

No, another reason why I'm asking! lol! The photos are for personal use so I'm not too concerned with how they compare to the professional edits. I may use them in different ways anyway. Honestly, just looking for a software or even an app I can put on my Mac that has some of the basic editing functions. If there is no such thing, that's fine too! Thanks!

No, another reason why I'm asking! lol! The photos are for personal use so I'm not too concerned with how they compare to the professional edits. I may use them in different ways anyway. Honestly, just looking for a software or even an app I can put on my Mac that has some of the basic editing functions. If there is no such thing, that's fine too! Thanks!
I use Lightroom 5 and Photoshop Elements 15 but both are a bit more than $50. Maybe you could get an older version of Photoshop Elements in your price range.

I guess it depends on how much editing you want to do and whether you know how to use the software. I'm color blind and imaging software is dangerous with me.

Google "bad photoshop" for inspiration.

I recommend Photoshop Elements also. Check out Amazon for prices but definitely under $100. They will keep a digital version online for you once purchased too. I have used PSE for more years than I can remember and there are tons of helpful videos and posts online to help you use it.

And here is a link to an article describing several free photo editors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter