Phone at sea

sarah24

Stop and Smell the Pixie Dust!! OFFICIAL MOUSE AD
Does anyone know how someone from home can reach Disney Dream if they need to while we are onboard? Thanks

Does anyone know how someone from home can reach Disney Dream if they need to while we are onboard? Thanks

We generally Use our iphones. The cost is based on the Cellular at Sea Service. LINK

The rate is reasonable at $2.50 a minute. Text rates are cheaper, I think they are about $0.50.

Your cruise documents with the coil binding should have the same info the previous poster gave plus I think there are little tear out cards with that number on them for emergencies.

OP where are from in WV?

For someone to contact you thru the ship costs $7 per minute. They will need to have a credit card to place the call.

Check with your carrier, but our text deal was $.05 to receive, .50 to send. Also, if you are stopping at any US ports (St. Thomas, San Juan, Key West, etc. ) most carriers have service included in you plan. That makes it a good place to turn on the phone knowing that you won't be downloading tons of junk messages.

Cellular at sea is about $2.50 per minute in addition to any charges from your carrier--again, you need to have your phone on, which means that garbage calls can come thru.

We find it easiest to give the shore to ship number to anyone necessary but to point out the cost and that it is for EMERGENCIES only. If we were to find that we needed to talk to someone, we could then call them back using cellular at sea. Honestly, unless it is a real emergency, I don't want to hear from the people back home while I'm on vacation. As harsh as it sounds, I can learn that a cousin had her baby or someone had a gall bladder out when I get home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter