Peter Pan or Little Mermaid

Anabelletoronto

Mouseketeer
My daughter (age 6) is a princess kind of girl so she definitely prefers LM. I made the FP for Peter Pan because it was a recommendation because of the crazy lines.
I just read the over rated list and started realizing that my kid has no care for PP - should we just skip it?
We have 2 days in MK and have FP for belle, haunted mansion, pirates, 7DMT, buzz and meet the princess at fairytale hall.
Or another suggestion? I could also skip the fairytale hall- we are doing lots of character dining with princesses.

I love PP for nostalgic reasons but I really enjoyed the little mermaid ride! I was surprised it's not more popular. But we were able to get it as our 4th (and later) fast passes so I would keep PP.

I agree with previous poster...have never waited longer than 20 minutes for Little Mermaid and you can get it as a fourth FP as stated above.

Agree with above, I love Peter Pan and while I know it's silly that it always has a huge wait since the ride is always moving, it's a neat ride and different than the rest. We are princess ppl too but we love PP more than LM. Keep PP FP+, LM is never very long and if it is, you can get a FP for it easily

I would not get a FP+ for either.
The interactive queue at PP is pretty cool and missed with a FP+ so I do that at rope drop.
Only one time since it opened have I seen LM with a longer than 15 minutes posted wait time so I certainly would not get one for that as its generally a walk on.
If you won't be doing the mountains then I'd say get it for Jungle Cruise. Sometimes it can become a very long line and although its one of my absolute favorites I hate waiting for it lol.

The Peter Pan ride is one of the coolest things in DW! At least, that was both my sister's favorite and mine. We like Peter Pan, but wouldn't classify it as our very favorite film, but the ride is fabulous. I would think that you will still enjoy it.

My daughter (age 6) is a princess kind of girl so she definitely prefers LM. I made the FP for Peter Pan because it was a recommendation because of the crazy lines.
I just read the over rated list and started realizing that my kid has no care for PP - should we just skip it?
We have 2 days in MK and have FP for belle, haunted mansion, pirates, 7DMT, buzz and meet the princess at fairytale hall.
Or another suggestion? I could also skip the fairytale hall- we are doing lots of character dining with princesses.

You really think it’s overrated? ;)

That list is meant only to compare average wait times between FP choices. Of course it cannot account for personal preference.

Peter Pan. We enjoy both rides but as others have mentioned Peter Pan is unique. The Little Mermaid ride is similar to a few other rides at Disney but the theming is different. As much as I enjoy Peter Pan and the que is awesome, the stand-by waits at times make it not worth it.

Have you been on Peter Pan before? It's a must-do at least once. My kids aren't particularly into Peter Pan, but they loved the ride. It's such a short ride that I hate waiting in line for it. I would keep PP, and wait in line for LM. If you plan it in the morning, it'll move fast.

Our next Disney trip we only get one day in MK and honestly we'll probably skip PP. But if you have 2 days, I would totally use my FP and go.

I would keep your FP for PP especially since you have two days at MK. You might as well ride it and decide for yourself if you like it. I personally didn't like it because I was expecting much more than what I saw and experienced. We didn't get to do the interactive que, though, because we went at RD after 7DMT. I bet your 6 yo will end up liking it. Just sitting in the boat was cool enough for me.

My husband went on it last time with my daughter. He didn't get the hype and he had a FP. I remember him commenting on how dark it was.
I guess we will keep it for now and we can probably change it when we get there if she wants more princesses.

I would keep PP and the fairytale hall - the princess interaction is different in fairytale hall. I prefer the pictures in fairytale hall as well. I don't think I've ever had any wait on the Little Mermaid ride, it takes longer to walk the line cue than the wait is, we hit it usually late at night though.

PP has the longest waits for such a short ride. Keep that FP. Depending on the time of year, Little Mermaid can be a long wait in early afternoon, if you do it either in the AM or after dinner, wait time goes way down. If you have princess character meals, I'd probably switch out that meet and greet for a ride FP of some sort.

When we were there LM was a walkon for the first hour or so. We were the only ones on it. Kind of creepy alone!

Peter Pan ALWAYS has a wait, either coast. It's hands down the better FP.

Right now, for example, LM has a 15 minute line, and PP has a 65 minute line.

ETA: you can get an immediate FP for LM, and there are no more available for PP.

Neither me nor DD14 have seen Peter Pan (please don't tell), but we both love the ride. It is adorable and fun and it is a must FP every trip. I enjoy the LM ride, too, but I have never needed a FP for that. Try PP and your daughter might like it!

Don't be crazy, keep the Peter Pan FP! You can always get LM FP or just walk on, like everyone else said! Kids love that ride!

I don't understand the love for this ride but both girls (17 and 8) have to ride it each trip. I might enjoy it more except for the non stop flash photography I can see going off every time we ride it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter