perks / special offers

keithal

Earning My Ears
perks we have lost / special offers that have not returned. how many could we list? Maybe even rank them. as a dvc member one that i liked 4 day 4 park ticket $160.00 seemed fair value for both myself and disney.

Free valet parking (still needed to tip), ended in October 2009. Provided free before then because Disney could not charge members for using it at DVC resorts since the costs of providing it, including employee cost, were covered in dues, i.e., it was not just a "perk" that could be eliminated. In 2009, Disney redid its valet parking system by outsourcing valet parking to an independent contractor, so those providing the service were employees of that contractor, and the contractor did not get paid out of the dues for providing the service.

Last edited:

My in law had the best DVC perk of free park tickets with each DVC stay. The number of tickets were allocated based on the size of the room. They bought in 95 and had the free tickets until 2000. We would share the tickets alternating days of use if we didn’t get a large room because this was before finger prints tied to a particular ticket. Disney was definitely easy back then.
Still love it today and bought our own contracts as my in laws didn’t want to share their points with us as they loved coming too even once all the kids left the nest.
We have really enjoyed using the Epcot lounge. Free drinks and snacks (the quality did get reduced since it first opened) for our family of 5 is a great savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!