Perennial-Heath and Heather

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Heath (Erica) and Heather (Calluna) These are woody evergreen perennials. They range in height 1 inch upward. There are over 1000 varieties. All different shades. There are varieties that flower in every season, even winter. Nothing prettier then to go out in the middle of the winter and poking out of the snow is an Erica Heath. These plants are great for foundation planting, perennial beds and borders, rock gardens or in their own garden.

They like a slightly acid well drained soil, mixed with peat moss or compost. They need at least 1/2 day of sun. These plants are trouble free and will grow almost anywhere. All they require is a light prunning for the first few years.

There is a wonderful nursery in Truro, Ma. That specializes in Heath and Heather.
<center>Rock Spray Nursery

I just planted my first Heather... A white english one. It looks great with a rock backround...

Mamu... Are you from Truro? I grew up in Truro in the summer and finished High School there (P-town)...

If someone tries to plant me I may have issues with them ;)

NHMickey no not from Truro although it a great town in the summer, a little to remote for me in the winter. I'm on the 495 belt about 35 minutes from the Bourne Bridge.

Heather LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is remote.. That is why I live in NH now...:) Thank you for the link to the nursery... I will stop in there when I visit my folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter