Percy Jackson and the Olympians

FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
How many of you have read this series? Were you happy with the ending of Te Last Olympian? How do you feel about the movie adaptation?

I saw the movie of The Lightning Thief first and then read the book series. I was surprised by how much the story was changed.

In general, I like the series, but I was unimpressed by how the last book ended. I do understand there is going to be other Camp Half Blood stories, but this ending was a bit of a let down.

I also had a hard time NOT comparing this series to Harry Potter. Anybody else catch themselves doing that?

I actually think one of the major problems with the movie adaptation was that it seemed like they purposefully removed most of the elements from the story that potentially could have lead the audience to compare it to Harry Potter. And what was left was...nothing good, IMHO. I don't want to say too much, though, in case someone reads this who hasn't (but wants to) see it!

I did enjoy the books, though. I read them prior to seeing the movie. The ending was what I would expect from a children's series.

I actually just finished The Red Pyramid and was a little disappointed with Riordan's lack of creativity. It wasn't anything new. Oh well, still entertaining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter