• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People waiting in line say the darndest things!

Fantasmic23

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the
Overheard last week while waiting in line for Space Mountain:

"I can't promise you that you're not going to throw up. Now stop asking."

Overheard last week while waiting in line for Dinosaur:

"What about the boys in the Disney family? Do you know their ages? You should try and marry into all of this."

What are some funny things that you have overheard while waiting in line?

Not as much funny as sad but in about a 30 min TSM line right after we left the room w/ Mr Potato head doing his speile about "its a ride, its a game, its a ride, its a game", young daughter (lets say about 6-8 yrs old) to mom so what is this mom. Mom "Its a movie about Toy Story".

I don't recall anything specific that I have heard while waiting in line. However, I am a HUGE fan of people watching and hearing and seeing some of the things while waiting in line is one of the reasons I opt to not use FP. I have used FP before but I always felt like I was missing something, like the ride was incomplete.

I know it sounds crazy, but to me people watching and waiting on line is an attraction in itself and with each line I wait on, it is a new and unique experience.

This isn't a single comment as much as an entire conversation. A husband, wife and child. The husband started a phone conversation (work related) while in line for the Jungle Cruise and the conversation lasted on after they got off the boat. From the line to, through the ride to walking away was him talking work and not showing interest to what was going on, family, ride or anything else.

Well this was really a non-ride because we walked on but the family behind us on The Great Movie Ride was hysterical. The boy was like "Is this scary? Seriously, what is this ride?" Dad says, "I don't think it's scary, I don't know." "I don't feel like being scared dad..." The entire way! Then at the end the kid was like "Oh, that wasn't scary at all!"

I don't recall anything specific that I have heard while waiting in line. However, I am a HUGE fan of people watching and hearing and seeing some of the things while waiting in line is one of the reasons I opt to not use FP. I have used FP before but I always felt like I was missing something, like the ride was incomplete.

I know it sounds crazy, but to me people watching and waiting on line is an attraction in itself and with each line I wait on, it is a new and unique experience.

What a great attitude! I wish more people (including myself) could view the world this way :)!

Bree

Only one I can recall.

DH to DW while waiting in line for Splash Mountain.

DH - "You didn't tell me this was a water ride."
DW - "I thought you knew. Part of the reason it's called SPLASH mountain."
DH - "Am I going to get wet?"
DW (Sarcastically) - "Gee let me think. After all it is a water ride. I would say YES."

By this time my DW and I were laughing so hard, we didn't hear the rest of the conversation. Sounded like something you would hear out of a movie. Probably why we were laughing so hard. :lmao:

While breezing past a very long standby line at Kilimanjaro Safaris in the fast pass line, I overheard this:

Standby line guy: "That is not fair! I guess if you have tons of money you don't even have to stand in line!"

DS,6 to DM while standing in a very long line for Dumbo in the July heat:"Mommy did you know you have a mustache?"

DM to DS,6: "No I don't honey, shhhhh...."

DS,6 to DM: (very loudly)"Yes you do Mommy, look it's right there" (DS was now pointing to DM's very embarassed face)

DM wished the earth would open up and swallow her and has since learned all about bleaching,tweezing, and waxing of facial hair ;)

DS is now 15 and loves to tell the story of how he embarassed me in line for Dumbo :sad2:

It's amazing what you see and hear at WDW, it's like people lose their minds there. This Sun my wife and I saw a young mother, in the USA cafeteria, screaming and hitting her very young daughter, saying, take it like a big girl, then she hit the very young son.

"If these people knew how much money we had, they'd certainly treat us better."

This one was 12 years ago and I still remember it.

Well, this wasn't overheard while waiting in line but I think it fits here. A former co-worker of mine came back from a weeklong vacation in Orlando and was really miffed. She said they looked all week and never could find the castle, Space Mtn, etc etc. After asking a few questions I figured out that they only went to the Universal parks - never set foot on Disney property. Can you imagine how much fun it might have been to eavesdrop on their conversations while waiting in line?:rotfl:

Well, this wasn't overheard while waiting in line but I think it fits here. A former co-worker of mine came back from a weeklong vacation in Orlando and was really miffed. She said they looked all week and never could find the castle, Space Mtn, etc etc. After asking a few questions I figured out that they only went to the Universal parks - never set foot on Disney property. Can you imagine how much fun it might have been to eavesdrop on their conversations while waiting in line?:rotfl:

That would be quite interesting!

DD & her friend overheard this in a bathroom at WDW and called me back in the room immediately because they were laughing so hard.

Mother: We got here on Sunday and today is Wednesday. Now what does that mean?

Little Girl: It's been FOUR DAYS since I've peed my pants!

Disney World IS a magical place, isn't it?

In line at Soarin' , one member of the group behind us said "Hey, there's a ride in that big silver ball thing. It's called Space Ship Earth."

DD & her friend overheard this in a bathroom at WDW and called me back in the room immediately because they were laughing so hard.

:rotfl::lmao:

:lmao:

As we were about to enter the Land building a husband says,

DH. "This heat is stifling!"
DW: "Stop complaining!"
DH: "I am NOT complaining. I am stating a fact!"

I have no idea why, but this cracks DH and I up to this day. In the husband's defense the heat coming off the building was oppressive. We were dripping with sweat.

Not so much a comment as an experience:

A family of 4 are waiting in line for Big Thunder Mountain. DS 6 is very content to be riding while his older brother is throwing a fit...and I mean a fit! He is crying and saying that he doesn't want to ride over and over again. DM and DD kept telling the DS that he will LOVE it and they want him to ride it! People are looking at them and even a CM asks the DM if the boy is okay...to which she responds, "Oh, he's just fine." What mean parents!!!! :mad:

OH YEAH......THAT WAS MY FAMILY!!! :rotfl:

Yep, he rode it.....Yep, he LOVED IT!!! We rode it a total of 5 times that day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter