Pennsylvania DVC Owners Group

Any PA peeps have a water softener? Our house we just moved into (end of April) needs one. Water is so hard. All our neighbors have them. I have never had one. Curious the cost to rent one through a place like Culligans. Anyone know? Nextdoor neighbor mentioned it is pricier than just buying one so that's what he did. I did not ask him the costs as he mentioned it the weekend we were moving in and I had no idea we had a water problem. Now I notice white calcium build up on shower head and glass shower doors get mucky (have to squeegee after every shower).

Any PA peeps have a water softener? Our house we just moved into (end of April) needs one. Water is so hard. All our neighbors have them. I have never had one. Curious the cost to rent one through a place like Culligans. Anyone know? Nextdoor neighbor mentioned it is pricier than just buying one so that's what he did. I did not ask him the costs as he mentioned it the weekend we were moving in and I had no idea we had a water problem. Now I notice white calcium build up on shower head and glass shower doors get mucky (have to squeegee after every shower).

I don't have one but know some neighbors who got a system quoted. It was around $6-7K I think.

I do not have one.

Quick question for PA ppl- how many are looking at HHI as an alternative to avoid flying?

We secured a studio over spring break in March. We really want to go to DW but don’t want to fly.

Never been to HHI, but it’s a 12hr drive. Not ideal but do-able... any recommendations for a halfway point (6hrs away) where we can stay? We are in Philly....

Wondering if other ppl grappling with this same dilemma.

Quick question for PA ppl- how many are looking at HHI as an alternative to avoid flying?

We secured a studio over spring break in March. We really want to go to DW but don’t want to fly.

Never been to HHI, but it’s a 12hr drive. Not ideal but do-able... any recommendations for a halfway point (6hrs away) where we can stay? We are in Philly....

If you want to drive there are plenty of nice reasonable hotels to stay along the way. Brunswick, GA is just over the Georgia line and has great places to stay. No need to buy DVC for layovers. Especially since HHI MF’s are so high.

@suebeelin We drove there from Harrisburg area in June and are driving there again for Oct 24 arrival. We will have our dog, not staying DVC, so we will find a Holiday Inn or Marriott that is pet friendly. I have to look into that. Our son lives in Raleigh NC so we stopped a tad south of there last time ( I think in Smithfield which left just under 4.5 hours of driving the next day). And we met him for dinner. Fayetteville NC leaves you a little under 4 hours driving the next day and has a ton of hotels. Rocky Mount NC leaves you about 5 hours and 10 mins the next day.

We used to live in NC and we also owned HHI DVC until this summer (we just sold them). We love HHI a lot. We added on at HHI to have optional DVC trips without having to fly and buy park tickets. Our neighbors here just bought a condo in HHI. ANd many many Ohio folks have vacation homes there too.

We drive from Philly. As always you have to watch DC traffic. Coming home in August we decided to drive straight through. It took about 15 hours with traffic and short stops.

If we are trying to stop halfway through we usually end up in Raleigh. You can also do Wilmington, NC. It is a little out of the way but really nice town. We also sometimes leave after work and drive to Richmond. The next day we drive to HHI which takes about 8 hours or so. Richmond can also work as a stopping point on the drive home. Richmond is the last big town before you hit the Northern VA traffic mess.

Hi! Were from Delaware County. We have been owners since 2006, and we own at Saratoga Springs.

Hoping to add on at Hilton Head in the near future since Ive decided I don't want to fly anymore (I hate the stress of the airport), and I thought a few days at Hilton Head would be a nice way to break up the drive.

Wow....I just posted my intro post and had not read the previous posts, and saw that you posted this (I had just posted that we are thinking of buying into Hilton Head because I decided I won't fly anymore)

I'm in Delaware county. We have driven a few times over the years, but usually have flown (we've taken out kids whoW are now 20 and 17 every year since my oldest was 3.....weve driven three or four times and flew the rest of the time......I hate flying and decided won't do it ever again lol) . When we drove we either stayed in Florence , SC or we drove to Savannah (that way we'd only have a short drive the day we get to Disney). We're considering renting points at HHI for next summer for a three night stay on the way back from Disney to give it a try before we buy

Wow....I just posted my intro post and had not read the previous posts, and saw that you posted this (I had just posted that we are thinking of buying into Hilton Head because I decided I won't fly anymore)

I'm in Delaware county. We have driven a few times over the years, but usually have flown (we've taken out kids whoW are now 20 and 17 every year since my oldest was 3.....weve driven three or four times and flew the rest of the time......I hate flying and decided won't do it ever again lol) . When we drove we either stayed in Florence , SC or we drove to Savannah (that way we'd only have a short drive the day we get to Disney). We're considering renting points at HHI for next summer for a three night stay on the way back from Disney to give it a try before we buy

;) I had meant driving to HHI (my kids are 7 and10— I’m dreading the 12hr drive to HHI, and was inquiring about that half way point (6hrs).

my kids can barely last a 2.5hr drive when we visit central PA. I’ve been able to get them to the 1.5hr mark when we visit family in north jersey....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter