PCR Test at Orlando Airport

magicfan1985

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to share my experience as I was a little freaked out with the 3 day timing of the tests

i sail this Saturday 9/11 and when the new 3 day rule was announced I called inspire to ask about the timing of the in home tests. They advised me to just go with third party and not to use there in home tests in case of some unexpected delays.

So I made an appointment for my 2 kids at MCO with adventcare for today. It’s located in the terminal right before security check points next to the universal store.

Cost was $175 each for the PCR. Once you’re done you wait in the terminal and they print out the results, they won’t email or call you. Overall took 30 mins for the 2 results and we were in and out within an hour

As soon as I got home I scanned the results in and about 45 mins later they cleared my whole party for port arrival.

Although pricey it was pretty simple and straightforward really. If youre nervous like me about getting results back in time through someone like CVS or Walgreens, the airport is a great alternative

When you made the appointment did you have to prepay? I would love to have this as a back up if the results from CVS or state testing dont come in on time.

Are the rapid PCR tests at the airport a shallow or the super deep swab? I'm trying to give my daughter an expectation but I can't find info online anywhere.

So you got the results basically immediately? Their website says it takes 2-3 days to get PCR results

So you got the results basically immediately? Their website says it takes 2-3 days to get PCR results
The link shared above says 15 minutes:

What type of COVID-19 testing is available?
This location offers both rapid RT-PCR testing and rapid-result antigen testing. The rapid RT-PCR test is subject to availability. The SARS-CoV-2 assay uses real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) technology to rapidly (approximately 20 minutes) detect SARS-CoV-2 from nasal swabs. The rapid-result antigen tests detect proteins from the virus and are most accurate when performed within five to seven days of the onset of symptoms. This type of test includes a nasal swab and provides results in approximately 15 minutes.

Are the rapid PCR tests at the airport a shallow or the super deep swab? I'm trying to give my daughter an expectation but I can't find info online anywhere.

It’s not a deep swab your brain test lol. My 6 and 5 year old actually laughed when the lady was doing it because they said it tickled 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter