PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

yup, and most of us work both programs. Sure some of us lean harder to one or the other. I'm very loyal to my airmiles as you can tell by the threads I maintain. I still collect PC points but they don't have the same pull since we don't shop at many of the stores. We don't play the shell with points/ miles swapped for gift cards or cash towards other purchases because it makes no sense with our banking system. We treat all of our reward points/ miles as free and use them on things we'd never buy or to upgrade to a more expensive version.

You're right that so much depends on where you shop. I don't tend to go to AM stores very often but frequent the PC stores....well, as much as I 'frequent' any store right now! ;)

Something I have noticed lately is that Canadian Tire seems to be working with more stores than I was aware of. I've earned Triangle points at Canadian Tire, Sportcheck and today at Party City. I even noticed a Party City section with signage set up in my Canadian Tire when I was waiting to check out.

I work the AirMiles program way more than the PC Optimum as Sobeys is my main store and I rarely shop at Superstore or No Frills. I have just started back with Rexall points and can redeem $40 if I want on my next shop.

I'm with you on the Rexall BeWell Points.
It has been very easy for me to rack up a few BeWell Points and I plan to save them for next Christmas.

The limiting of items even though they are advertised and then staff shouting at myself and my son have stopped us collecting PC points.
Who knows maybe when Covid is over we might try going there again.

Real Canadian Supercenter shop yesterday
4 items not available
1. stuffed chicken breasts
2. Herb & Garlic cream cheese
3. Cavendish potato wedges
4. Thick cut Villiaggio bread

No subs available & no phone call just an email 1 hour before pick up.
The thing is the 4 items helped even out the cost of the other prices of food.
Not a good shop.

Hugs
Mel

I haven't been early any points really, AM or PC. I have been enjoying walmart pick up, and it's funny because I would never go grocery shopping there in person, but the pick up is so easy to organize. I know I can buy giftcards at Shell and get airmiles, but that requires going in to the store to do so isn't happening. Once covid is over perhaps I will return to shopping in stores.

It has been very easy for me to rack up a few BeWell Points and I plan to save them for next Christmas.

The limiting of items even though they are advertised and then staff shouting at myself and my son have stopped us collecting PC points.

4 items not available

Not a good shop.

Hugs
Mel
It's always so disappointing when they're out of what you want when do do a pick-up order! It's part of the reason I started shopping again. I now try to go at 7am and find the store isn't very busy and those who are there tend to be 'rule followers' yet at the same time I understand shopping in person is not an option to all.

It's always so disappointing when they're out of what you want when do do a pick-up order! It's part of the reason I started shopping again. I now try to go at 7am and find the store isn't very busy and those who are there tend to be 'rule followers' yet at the same time I understand shopping in person is not an option to all.

Yeah
A 7 am shop to Sobeys/Metro once in awhile. (When I do this there is never more than 1 or 2 other people in the store.)
We will continue to get a online order once in awhile.

Hugs Mel

I have almost written off AM, like 90%PC and 10%AM. The declining stores, declining ability to get AM has really turned for our family. I dont even try anymore.
But give me a 20x event almost every week at Shoppers and we are getting 30%back as we check out and that is cash, no worring about how the AM math works...Bring it on.
Our gas stn does Air Miles and it's kind of instinctive to go there anyway...

I have almost written off AM, like 90%PC and 10%AM. The declining stores, declining ability to get AM has really turned for our family. I dont even try anymore.
But give me a 20x event almost every week at Shoppers and we are getting 30%back as we check out and that is cash, no worring about how the AM math works...Bring it on.

This is us as well...the only place I collect AM now is Shell and that is not very often as I am now working at home and will be for the foreseeable future. I too like that I can redeem however much I want in my points towards my groceries. Since the start of the pandemic and we started using PC Express, I would transfer the $ amount of the points I redeemed into a separate bank account...the balance is at almost $600.

yup, and most of us work both programs. Sure some of us lean harder to one or the other. I'm very loyal to my airmiles as you can tell by the threads I maintain. I still collect PC points but they don't have the same pull since we don't shop at many of the stores. We don't play the shell with points/ miles swapped for gift cards or cash towards other purchases because it makes no sense with our banking system. We treat all of our reward points/ miles as free and use them on things we'd never buy or to upgrade to a more expensive version.
I agree with your with respect to how to spend the points. I don't mind spending a few extra points for rewards I wouldn't normally by (although if there is a huge discrepancy, I hesitate) and have picked up experiences (zoo, safari, tickets) with them.

4 items not available

Not a good shop.

Hugs
Mel
We don't have a Rexall close, so I don't even bother with that program. I'm sorry you had the issues with PC Express pick up. I find that I get better service from one store over the other that I use. They are in different directions into the city, so I get great service one way and just okay the other.
Wednesday, save your offers day!
Ugh! I had brought this up to read yesterday, and got waylaid with the unpacking from the move, and forgot to read and remember. I just checked. I had 9 offers-one makeup that I'll never use-and all of the offers that which I use regularly. Sadly, my desperately needed cat food is not on the list. :p
Personally, I use PC, AM, and a cashback credit card. PC is usually for food, with the AM for everything else. Both have a few automatic payments on them, so every month, I collect a few AM. Not enough to be Onyx though.

I love collecting PC - I find I rack them up so much faster and more naturally than AM. I do almost all my grocery shopping at Atlantic Superstore , get my gas at their gas bar, and have prescriptions at Shoppers. I get optimum points on the full price of my prescriptions even though my co-pay is quite low which is a huge bonus. When my kids were little I used to get a ton of points for diapers, formula, baby food, etc.

I usually cash them in every December for Disney gift cards that we use on our March trip. I guess the one upside of not traveling this year is that I’ll have double the giftcards for next year !

Curious about people's experiences with store limits at Shoppers...

I always watch for when a certain "Item" we use a lot of goes on sale. Then when we are running low, I use my weekend "spend" offer to stock up. I've done this a dozen times. This week my spend offer was $60 and the Item was on sale so away I went.

Today I put 6 of the Items in my cart along with a few other things that brought me to $60. A staff member saw me and said (firmly) there is a 4-Item limit. I said, "Oh, don't worry, there is no limit in the flyer." (There was a limit one time a few months ago, so I specifically double-checked and there was no flyer limit.)

He said, "No, we have a limit of 4 for this Item." He said the fine print in the flyer it says stores can impose limits, and they had a store limit. But there were no limits posted in the store at all, on any rack where the item appeared.

I told him I'd go to another Shoppers where there were no limits. (I didn't want to buy anything else and I wanted to hit the $60 threshold.) I ended up leaving the cart behind. I went to another store where I bought 7 Items.

I won't be returning to the first Shoppers I went to again, mostly because it was so awkward. He was polite and I was polite but it still felt like a negative experience.

Has anyone had an experience like this, with no limits in the flyer or posted in the store but then verbally informed they exist? (I know there are general limits to purchasing at many stores, and when buying huge bulk orders you need special permission.)

And I know that they have the right to limit quantities. All good there. It would just be nice to know they've done that through a sign or something, rather than after all the shopping is done.

Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but was really curious if others have any thoughts.

Last edited:
Generally, any store has the right to limit quantities or refuse service. I don’t know specific to Shoppers if they have any policies on that. In my experience with them if it’s an item that’s in the flyer with a limit they will still sell you more but at a higher price....the register automatically does it.
Call the store you were at and ask for a manager. Then simply ask if they have a policy on this sort of thing. If they say no then tell you story so they can correct their staff. If they say yes, then consider yourself lucky to have made the purchase elsewhere.

Generally, any store has the right to limit quantities or refuse service. I don’t know specific to Shoppers if they have any policies on that. In my experience with them if it’s an item that’s in the flyer with a limit they will still sell you more but at a higher price....the register automatically does it.
Call the store you were at and ask for a manager. Then simply ask if they have a policy on this sort of thing. If they say no then tell you story so they can correct their staff. If they say yes, then consider yourself lucky to have made the purchase elsewhere.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes have had the same experience with the limits in the flyer. More than happy to comply. It's just nicer when you can plan. :)

I was thinking of sending customer feedback in that if they have limits on particular items in their stores, it would be great if they could post them. Maybe they want to retain the flexibility though to just decide as they go. That might be the bottom line.

Curious about people's experiences with store limits at Shoppers...

I always watch for when a certain "Item" we use a lot of goes on sale. Then when we are running low, I use my weekend "spend" offer to stock up. I've done this a dozen times. This week my spend offer was $60 and the Item was on sale so away I went.

Today I put 6 of the Items in my cart along with a few other things that brought me to $60. A staff member saw me and said (firmly) there is a 4-Item limit. I said, "Oh, don't worry, there is no limit in the flyer." (There was a limit ONCE so I specifically double-checked.)

He said, "No, we have a limit of 4 for this Item." He said the fine print in the flyer it says stores can impose limits, and they had a store limit. But there were no limits posted in the store at all, on any rack where the item appeared.

I told him I'd go to another Shoppers where there were no limits. (I didn't want to buy anything else and I wanted to hit the $60 threshold.) I ended up leaving the cart behind. I went to another store where I bought 7 Items.

I won't be returning to the first Shoppers I went to again, mostly because it was so awkward. He was polite and I was polite but it still felt like a negative experience.

Has anyone had an experience like this, with no limits in the flyer or posted in the store but then verbally informed they exist? (I know there are general limits to purchasing at many stores, and when buying huge bulk orders you need special permission.)

And I know that they have the right to limit quantities. All good there. It would just be nice to know they've done that through a sign or something, rather than after all the shopping is done.

Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but was really curious if others have any thoughts.

Same thing happened to me and I was humiliated in front of other customers,,, then the same thing happened to my son.
We stopped going to Shoppers Drug Mart about 6-8 weeks ago.
I especially found this upsetting to happen as I'm already hyper focused on my list and meeting a certain $ amount and then getting in and out of the store quickly and safely. All just too stressful during Covid 19.
I am back at my Rexall and ok with their program as their people and service is wonderful.

JMHO no Points are worth that kind of stress.

PS
I did send an email to PC Points
I'll post if I hear from them.

An example of this is
in this flyer it says toilet paper
$4.99
Limit 4
after limit $5.99
rest of week $5.99
Then the store says No You Can Only Buy 1 or 2 PKG of TP.
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10061/1396399?selectorHref=/flyers&page=2&itemId=57126447Look at the fine print * All their stuff says we reserve the right to limit quantities and yes they are getting people to think they can atleast get the offer when they then get the customer at the store and tell them No! False advertising and embarrassing.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me and I was humiliated in front of other customers,,, then the same thing happened to my son.
We stopped going to Shoppers Drug Mart about 6-8 weeks ago.
I especially found this upsetting to happen as I'm already hyper focused on my list and meeting a certain $ amount and then getting in and out of the store quickly and safely. All just too stressful during Covid 19.
I am back at my Rexall and ok with their program as their people and service is wonderful.

JMHO no Points are worth that kind of stress.

PS
I did send an email to PC Points
I'll post if I hear from them.

An example of this is
in this flyer it says toilet paper
$4.99
Limit 4
after limit $5.99
rest of week $5.99
Then the store says No You Can Only Buy 1 or 2 PKG of TP.
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10061/1396399?selectorHref=/flyers&page=2&itemId=57126447Look at the fine print * All their stuff says we reserve the right to limit quantities and yes they are getting people to think they can atleast get the offer when they then get the customer at the store and tell them No! False advertising and embarrassing.

Hugs
Mel
Yes exactly re embarrassing...

In my case it wasn't even an offer where there was a limit in the flyer. It was just a regular sale item buried in the flyer - and was that price for the whole week, not a COVID-affected item, etc. No sign up in the store to flag a limit.

Just mentioned verbally when the employee saw 6 items in my cart. Like what if I hadn't run into him? It felt arbitrary. Maybe that's how they want it to be... completely at their discretion, and the posted price in the flyer acts as bait for the customer. Feels like there is a better, more transparent way to advertise. Sorry for your experience, Mel.

Maybe it's time to reconsider going back to Rexall...

Yes exactly.

In my case it wasn't even an offer where there was a limit in the flyer. It was just a regular sale item buried in the flyer - and was that price for the whole week, not a COVID-affected item where there is or has been a shortage, etc. No sign up in the store to flag a limit.

Just mentioned verbally when the employee saw 6 items in my cart. Like what if I hadn't run into him? It felt arbitrary. Maybe that's how they want it to be... completely at their discretion, and the posted price in the flyer acts as bait for the customer. Feels like there is a better, more transparent way to advertise. Sorry for your experience, Mel.

Maybe it's time to reconsider going back to Rexall...

I have to tell you the reason I never reported it right away is it was the pharmacist /owner and a cashier who laughed and shouted at me ,,,I figured if this is the way you treat customers I want nothing to do with you.
Same here no sign up in the store.
I am so sorry you had a bad experience too Hon ,,no one needs this especially trying to navigate shopping during these already stressful times.
At least with Rexall if it says I can buy 4 Purex bottles of laundry soap at $3.99 with a limit of 4 I know I can buy what they say.

Best wishes on your future shops.
Hugs
Mel

The only thing I don't like now about the 20x events is the amount you have to spend varies. It always used to be on $50. I can do that. When they throw me a $75, that is way too hard unless I need to buy make up or skin care, which isn't very often. And the minute I actually do a $75 offer, then I keep getting those and no $50 offers. Ugh.

home from a great grocery pickup this week. i never get spend threshold offers for superstore, but this week i had spend 250$, get 25,000 points. plus the flyer is spend 300$ get 30,000.

we usually get laundry soap, etc. at costco, but i added them all to my cart this week. keeps me from having to go in a store, so i’ll take it as a win. i drove away with 330$ of groceries and almost 65,000 points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!