PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Has anyone ordered milk using pick up, especially if there are pickup processing delays. My concern is the milk could be sitting in room temp for too long. I was getting milk at Shoppers but they started a 2 bag limit on the 4L milk, which means I have to go out at least twice a week, and a few times they were out of stock.

There are no spots at all at our Fortino's or Superstore.

Yesterday my Superstore was showing no timeslots, booked up to Apr16 for pickup. I checked again a few times around the dinner hour and found a couple windows open up suddenly for early next week. So best to keep checking often.

Got a slot at Fortino's for April 16. Do you have to check out to reserve your slot?
I’m not sure about Fortinos but I know with Superstore you must checkout to secure your slot.

Has anyone ordered milk using pick up, especially if there are pickup processing delays. My concern is the milk could be sitting in room temp for too long.
The cold items are kept in coolers or freezers until you arrive for pickup. That is part of why it takes a while once you arrive to pickup your order as they are gathering your order from a few different holding areas after it has been picked.

Out last order included milk, orange juice and even ice cream and it was just fine.

I’m not sure about Fortinos but I know with Superstore you must checkout to secure your slot.

The cold items are kept in coolers or freezers until you arrive for pickup. That is part of why it takes a while once you arrive to pickup your order as they are gathering your order from a few different holding areas after it has been picked.

Out last order included milk, orange juice and even ice cream and it was just fine.

I did not know they did that for the cold items! I also wanted to order orange juice too, actually. Thank you for the info!

Ugh so beyond annoyed right now. I made sure I selected no substitutions for every item in my order. I just checked to make sure my order went through at midnight and somehow my order shows substitutions allowed every.single.item in my order. So ridiculous!! Has this happened to anyone else. I guess I have to call them up to fix it or worse, cancel the entire order because I cannot have subs on anything I ordered due to dietary restrictions. So angry right now 😡

Ugh so beyond annoyed right now. I made sure I selected no substitutions for every item in my order. I just checked to make sure my order went through at midnight and somehow my order shows substitutions allowed every.single.item in my order. So ridiculous!! Has this happened to anyone else. I guess I have to call them up to fix it or worse, cancel the entire order because I cannot have subs on anything I ordered due to dietary restrictions. So angry right now 😡
This is why i can't risk using any type of ordering system -- I have so few things that i can safely eat and they can't be exchanged for whatever the shopper decides will be "close enough" I also can't wait the 2 weeks to find out the items are out of stock on my order day. So instead I need to go shopping myself, at what i hope are quieter times.

I hope you're able to get this sorted out!

But what are the quieter times anymore?
It really varies depending on the stores but i KNOW that the weekends are just awful!! I was going midday during the week but discovered last week that our Metro (my preferred store anyway and i KNOW not the focus of this thread, oopsie!) is being really strict on the number of customers in the store at a time. Stood in line outside for about 15 minutes before i went in and there were maybe 20 other customers in the store. The No Frills has a sign saying they're doing that but i walked in and did a quick exit when i saw how many people there were everywhere, no way to stay more than 3' apart! Our Zehrs is terrible with maintaining stock right now, far too many empty shelves and limits on everything. Coupled with the long lines to get out drove me batty(er)

I must admit i used Google to check the stores to see how busy it was -- and they were bang on!

You can refuse any substitutions when you go to pick up.

It really varies depending on the stores but i KNOW that the weekends are just awful!! I was going midday during the week but discovered last week that our Metro (my preferred store anyway and i KNOW not the focus of this thread, oopsie!) is being really strict on the number of customers in the store at a time. Stood in line outside for about 15 minutes before i went in and there were maybe 20 other customers in the store. The No Frills has a sign saying they're doing that but i walked in and did a quick exit when i saw how many people there were everywhere, no way to stay more than 3' apart! Our Zehrs is terrible with maintaining stock right now, far too many empty shelves and limits on everything. Coupled with the long lines to get out drove me batty(er)

I must admit i used Google to check the stores to see how busy it was -- and they were bang on!
I find morning usually less crowded. I went out mid morning on Friday to avoid weekend crowds but still be able to take advantage of weekend sales. There was no line for the first two stores. When I left the third store around 12:30 pm, there was a line of about 10 people deep outside the store.

We go shopping as soon as the store opens for everybody and usually they are pretty quiet.

Last edited:
I've ordered three times with No Frills. All three times they called me and let me know what my substitutions were and if they were acceptable. They also asked if there was something else I needed. Hopefully, your store is the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter