paying vs DVC points - outrageous!

PalVal

Mouseketeer
I am flying in late Friday night and since I don't have enough points for my entire stay I was going to pay for the first night. When I found out the price for a 2 bedroom villa at Boardwalk I almost choked! Even with my annual pass discount it was $645. Looks like I'll see how the other side lives at All Star resort! It makes me really appreciate the deal of DVC.

I stayed at ASM in '99 when my FD Band played in the MK Parade.(Magic Music days) We stayed at Pop century in '06... I like PC better as far as value resorts go. Those are the only two times I stayed at anything less than a Deluxe or DVC Villa.
You may want to check out Swan or Dolphin and see what kind of deal you can get.

Bob

Oh my goodness! I was going to call tomorrow. My son just told me tonight that he wanted to go, but needed a extra room to go into when his baby took his nap. We are going in Feb. That is unreal. Did you call MS to get the DVC cash price?

Member services gave me a price of $840. I then called the regular reservation line for the annual pass discount price. That was $645. It was for a 2 bedroom villa in May.

Member services gave me a price of $840. I then called the regular reservation line for the annual pass discount price. That was $645. It was for a 2 bedroom villa in May.

Well, If that is anywhere near the price I get tomorrow, I guess we'll have to punt and Kick. That's nuts! Of course, I will ask first if there is any availability first. Maybe someone will turn a reservation in on the 31 day mark.

We were quoted $375 for a 2bd at SSR for next weekend. I thought it was a good deal as we would need two rooms anywhere else for our family and my parents. We ended up booking two rooms at CBR since we have never stayed there, and were able to get a pirate room at the 45% off rate. pirate: It saved us quite a bit of money, but we will miss the kitchen.

I am flying in late Friday night and since I don't have enough points for my entire stay I was going to pay for the first night. When I found out the price for a 2 bedroom villa at Boardwalk I almost choked! Even with my annual pass discount it was $645. Looks like I'll see how the other side lives at All Star resort! It makes me really appreciate the deal of DVC.

I got an annual pass discount at Dolphin for the extra night at the end of our stay for $139+ tax...$150 all in!!

That's exactly why we bought. We loved going to the Boardwalk and wanted to stay and check it out...4 nights in a preferred view studio, May 2008 - approximately $1,400 w/AAA rate. Needless to say we took the tour and took the plunge!

I agree. After looking at the out of pocket cost for a 1 brm at BLT for 4 nights, I am now starting to convince myself that a small add on may be a better option than paying cash to cover the additional 1 brm we will need for my parents and brothers on our 2011 trip. I guess I now understand how addonitis starts!

That's why I bought DVC. I love the one bedroom but it's over $400 rack rate a night. Even with discounts it's alot of money. Sure, you can stay at other places cheaper but you are not getting the space and amenities of a 1 bedroom. I had a 1 bedroom last month at BWV for 6 nights, I figured the full cash price w/tax as about $3,000 (but I could have got "free" dining ;)). I used 155 points.

That's similar to what we just did. We're flying in late Saturday nite, and staying at POR (still Dixie Landings to me). Word of warning-reserve FAST! Between Tuesday and Thursday of this week, the AP discount at POFQ went from king bed rooms only being available to totally disappearing, and POR went from standard or king bed availability to only king bed availability. And the All Stars were only available in preferred rooms on Tuesday, so I don't know what, if anything, might be available now!

Nothing like slumming it! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I just booked one night at the All Star Music in a family suite for one night before we check in at BCV in May. I got the annual pass discount and the room was $172.00.:woohoo:

I booked All Star Movies with 101 Dalmations room with the annual pass discount for $99. We had to pay regular price for the other room of $155 because my son doesn't have an annual pass. My 5 year old granddaughter is obsessed with 101 Dalmations, so much so that when I showed her the giant dalmation dogs she started to pet the computer screen! She may not want to leave for Boardwalk... But this princess will want to move on to luxury as soon as the sun rises!

The FQ is a lot bigger 2 rooms there with AP discount should be about 96$ a night each each room. Depending on weekend/season. Maybe a good option. Or there are a ton of rentals on rent DVC page ending 02-28 and 03-31. Renting may work out for you too..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter