Paying out of pocket for kids meals ?

magicmouse2

DIS Veteran
If I pool the credits, ie pay out of pocket only fo kids meals - how and when do I explain this to the server at TS restauarant ? As soon as we are seated? how do the servers in general react to this ? is it much hassle for them ?

If you know this is what you're going to do I would tell them when you order. We did it once, wasn't a hassle at all.

we did it at a couple of places no trouble at all.

Right now you should not have any problems, simply let the server know in advance. I do know that changes are going to be made to the plan, dividing the plan into adult and child credits but this will take some time due to the contractual status of the plan.

Just be sure to feed your kids. :thumbsup2 As I am sure you will. :)

I have a friend that is a waiter and he is seeing parents come in on the plan, eat big meals using the credits and not order anything for the kids, one even gave their child only goldfish crackers while they had steak. It was very sad. :worried: As the child kept asking when could they order something, and the Dad replied: we will feed you in the room later, I ain't wasting this steak on you. :mad:

So you can see why some changes will have to be made to this plan.

Sammie said:
Right now you should not have any problems, simply let the server know in advance. I do know that changes are going to be made to the plan, dividing the plan into adult and child credits but this will take some time due to the contractual status of the plan.

I have a friend that is a waiter and he is seeing parents come in on the plan, eat big meals using the credits and not order anything for the kids, one even gave their child only goldfish crackers while they had steak. It was very sad. :worried: As the child kept asking when could they order something, and the Dad replied: we will feed you in the room later, I ain't wasting this steak on you. :mad:

That's beyond sad!!! I hope karma comes back to them. What a way to build self-esteem and self-worth in a child. :mad:

Sammie said:

I have seen you referr to these changes in another thread. Where did you hear about them?

PoohHappens said:
I have seen you referr to these changes in another thread. Where did you hear about them?

From friends who work for Disney.

Oh my gosh, at my house or at a rest. with my 6 year old that would not happen. His favoirt thing is prime rib, while mine is a hamburger. LOL. He cannot wait to "eat it every day at disney" I already "know" if he can't get it on the plan becouse some rest. don't offer it to kids. I will be ordering it and eating his chicken strips. :lmao: Maybe he will share it with me, but probly not. He had his tonsils out on friday, satday night DH had steak and so did he, crazy kid.

Sammie said:

That's awful. Even though we KNOW DS3 won't eat anything (picky...and sometimes I wonder how he hasn't shriveled away), we ALWAYS order him something. ANd then we end up getting a container to take it with us, and end up forgetting it there (happens a lot to me...I am forgetful). LOL

Sammie said:

That is horrible! But I don't think it is the plan that drives the parents to that type of situation. They could have just as easily paid out of pocket for the kids meals. It sounds like even if they did not have the plan they still didn't think it was worth paying for the kids to eat in the restaurant. I understand not wanting to pay for the kids to eat at a TS place but Disney has the kids clubs that for a very reasonable charge watch your kids, feed them dinner and keep them entertained. To sit there and have a hungry kid watch the adults eat and not get them anything is cruel in my mind.

Sammie said:

Sammie,

Could you elaborate on the contractual status of the plan that is delaying change? My understanding was that Disney could change the plan at will. They have made changes to the number of credits that places take such as CRT that effectively increase the cost eating at CRT beyond what it would have been when someone purchased the plan.

WDW could change the plan tomorrow IF they wanted to change it. This is a big IF - certain people have been railing against supposed abuses of the DDP since its most recent inception and claiming that WDW is always on the verge of changing the DDP.

okay lets not staart another arguement about the morality of the plan like on the other thread. People will use it as they see fit and disney will change the plan as they see fit.

BAST said:
WDW could change the plan tomorrow IF they wanted to change it. This is a big IF - certain people have been railing against supposed abuses of the DDP since its most recent inception and claiming that WDW is always on the verge of changing the DDP.

And you based that opinion on what fact?

Sammie said:
And you based that opinion on what fact?

The DDP is a contract between WDW and the users of the DDP. The DDP contract states quite clearly that the DDP is subject to change at any time by WDW without notice.

BAST said:
The DDP is a contract between WDW and the users of the DDP. The DDP contract states quite clearly that the DDP is subject to change at any time by WDW without notice.

Oh definitely Disney has the right to change it at any time, that however does not mean change comes quicky even if they want it to.

With a huge corporation with overseas interests, legal aspects, many departments affected, tech issues, staffing issues, the changes can sometimes be quick and sometimes not. For example Disney very much wanted to change the process for booking CRT but the change was not made overnight even though they wanted it to change. However it did change even though it was a slow process.

Some, not you, have stated that Disney would make changes if they wanted to. I feel that some of these opinions are strickly based on what the guest thinks Disney can do quickly and not based on any fact as to how the company works. It is one thing to say they can do something and another to know it.

I do not have any friends that work for Coca Cola therefore would never fathom a guess as to how they make and implement corporate decisions. I do however have Disney friends and we have very interesting discussions on these very topics.

That's a good point. While we customers agree to give Disney the flexibility to change things without notice, in exchange for lower prices than Disney would charge otherwise, resellers (agent, etc.) may require a certain amount of notice for various changes, or may ensure that certain aspects of offerings remain unchanged for the duration of their contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter