Paying for your cruise with Disney Gift Cards

Pem04

Earning My Ears
I was hoping someone would know if travel agents or Travelocity accept Disney gift cards as payment for your cruise. I read that you can use them to pay if you book directly through DCL, is that still true?
Thank you for your help!

Travel agents usually do. Not sure about Travelocity. Definitely through DCL.

If you do it that way, make sure to use the disney gift card website to combine them into as few cards as possible (max on a single card is $1000) to make it easier to keep up with. It is also easier for whoever winds up taking the numbers and applying them to your fare.

I was hoping someone would know if travel agents or Travelocity accept Disney gift cards as payment for your cruise. I read that you can use them to pay if you book directly through DCL, is that still true?
Thank you for your help!
In actuality, you are not paying the TA for the cruise, the TA is only forwarding your payment to the cruise line.

I believe all TAs would/should be able to "use" gift cards for payment.

Just keep in mind that if you pay in gift cards, and for some reason have to cancel before paid in full, your refund is back to the gift cards, you do not get a cash payment back, so your money is tied up with Disney, which may or may not be a problem for you.

Just keep in mind that if you pay in gift cards, and for some reason have to cancel before paid in full, your refund is back to the gift cards, you do not get a cash payment back, so your money is tied up with Disney, which may or may not be a problem for you.

This is why I always save the money until I know for a fact I'm definitely going/PIF comes along, then get the GCs and pay. But I also know that even if something else comes up and we don't go, we'll still wind up using it eventually. I just like to avoid tying up that kind of money if possible.

I booked through Costco and paid off my balance with Disney gift cards
Silly question. I am booked through Costco and would like to use my gift cards. Can I just apply the payment online, or do I need to call and have them take the info over the phone? Thanks a ton in advance.

Silly question. I am booked through Costco and would like to use my gift cards. Can I just apply the payment online, or do I need to call and have them take the info over the phone? Thanks a ton in advance.
You have to call Costco. They will take the numbers over the phone, and then put you on hold while they call Disney to process the payment. Once it is done, they will come back to you to confirm it was completed, and also send you a confirmation email showing the amount paid/balance due.

If Disney's phone line is busy, you could be waiting for quite awhile while the Costco agent sits on hold with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter