paying for tips whilst on the ddp between two families?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi2012

Mouseketeer
Hi, we Will be on the ddp in June and we will Be eating some nights with my sister and brother in law who are also on the ddp.

My question is this, how do we pay the tip which will be automatically added (as will be a party of 6). I believe you can pay it onto your room card, but my sister wants to pay cash for her tips, so what I am wondering is if we can split the automatic tip and pay part of it then and there at the restaurant and the rest of the tip on our room card.

Has anyone had experience with this? im a bit worried they won't get it all correct and end up taking the cash at the restaurant, and still charging me the full 18% even though we will have already paid part of it (if it is even possible to split the tip that is ).

Hope some knowledgeable disser out there can help me. :thumbsup2

You could take turns paying for the tips at the different meals, unless you really have to split it exactly 50:50. If so, why don't you charge it to your room card and have her pay you back her portion in cash. You can save your receipts to keep track of what she owes.

You could also each both put a preset amount of money on a Disney gift card ahead of time and then just use that to pay the tips. Try to gauge approximately how much you will need for tips and you both put your share in and get the gift card.

There were 8 of us in June (3 families). We received seperate checks everytime without asking. They wanted to see one KTTW card from each room, so that told them exactly how many checks we needed. Maybe ours was a fluke, but we never once asked for seperate checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter