Paying for RT private transportation

willoughbyclan

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have used RT private transportation, how is the payment handled? We are being picked up from the airport on a Saturday, then returned to the airport one week later. Is half paid at pickup and then the other half upon return? What about gratuity?

I guess it depends on the service....what they require...we've been using the same service for 5+ years and we pay everything up front...more like after they drops us off at the resort....and we include their tip too and tell them so.....when they come for us, they load everything and take us to our drop off and we're off.....we don't split the tip in 2 or the round trip fee....never has there been a problem.....see what the company you chose requires.....up to you on the tip....1/2 now and 1/2 later....

I would check with your particular service but in most cases you pay for the round trip on the first leg.

I pay by credit card to reserve recourse just in case there is an issue on the 2nd leg. I tip the driver separately for each leg in case we have a different driver on the 2nd leg.

I would check with your particular service but in most cases you pay for the round trip on the first leg.

I pay by credit card to reserve recourse just in case there is an issue on the 2nd leg. I tip the driver separately for each leg in case we have a different driver on the 2nd leg.

This is how I have handled it in the past. If you do plan to pay by CC you definitely will want to call the service ahead of tiime as some require you to make advance arrangments for payment.

I guess it depends on the service....what they require...we've been using the same service for 5+ years and we pay everything up front...more like after they drops us off at the resort....and we include their tip too and tell them so.....when they come for us, they load everything and take us to our drop off and we're off.....we don't split the tip in 2 or the round trip fee....never has there been a problem.....see what the company you chose requires.....up to you on the tip....1/2 now and 1/2 later....
who did you use?

:) We take a private service every time we fly in--we have paid cash and by CC. The driver with our company prefers cash because it takes extra time to run and process the CC. It is definitely doable but easier to pay in cash. We tip the drivers separately because 50% of the time it is a different driver. Take advantage of the 30 minute grocery stop and stock up on your snacks and water. This is one of the few plurges DH does not budge on--he wants a private car and to get to WDW as fast as possible.

:) We take a private service every time we fly in--we have paid cash and by CC. The driver with our company prefers cash because it takes extra time to run and process the CC. It is definitely doable but easier to pay in cash. We tip the drivers separately because 50% of the time it is a different driver. Take advantage of the 30 minute grocery stop and stock up on your snacks and water. This is one of the few plurges DH does not budge on--he wants a private car and to get to WDW as fast as possible.

Let me just add that if you do choose to pay in cash get a receipt! I only pay via CC'd so I have a record and so I have the ability to claim resourse if the driver doesn't show up for the 2nd leg. FWIW I do this any time I "prepay" for a service!

I had one instance where the towncar company could not make our pickup - and initialy tried to claim I didn't have a reservation. I didn't end up having to take this to my cc'd company but if the towncar company hadn't made it right I would have had recourse.

As it stands the car company not only remibursed me for the cab but also refunded the 2nd leg I had prepaid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter