Paying for DVC resale

Bea

DIS Veteran
I just received the closing documents on a resale dvc. I have the option to pay by wire or money order. The documents say it has to be through a us bank. How did everyone get the money to the title company?

We wired the money from our bank (CIBC) to the title company. We had to add a bit to the total to cover the wire fees , I think it was around $45.

Congratulations ! It was one of the best purchases we’ve ever made.

I would use Knightsbridge. You will get rates that are better than the bank and they can wire the money for you. Not significant when exchanging a few hundred dollars, but it can save a significant amount when dealing with thousands of dollars such as a DVC contract. Easy to set up an account, then it just takes a phone call to do the transaction.

https://www.knightsbridgefx.com/

Reactions: Bea
We just sent a money order. The title company emailed us a fedex shipping label to send the cheque. It worked fine.

We just sent a money order. The title company emailed us a fedex shipping label to send the cheque. It worked fine.

We did this on our first contract but used VBCE to exchange from CAD to USD beforehand to avoid the banks interchange rate.

I think we used Transferwise the second contract. Also easy.

Third contract was direct so we just used a no FX CC.

I just sent a wire for my DVC purchase the other day; I used Knightsbridge for the exchange, and then wired it from my TD U.S. chequing account. There was a $50 fee for the wire.

Listen to the people above ^^^^
We used Knightsbridge as well for both our Direct and our Resale. Easy, fast and saves hundreds of $$$

Agreed, going with Knightsbridge is easy and will save you money. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter