Paying Dues with a Gift Card

I have thought about ways to shave off some dollars when it comes to paying our MFs next year (we bought resale in 2022 and had to pay 2023 MFs at closing.) One of the simplest ways (and one that saves time and also possibly money) is to put the MF funds into a higher-yielding money market or online savings account and just pay the MFs from that account each month. It might not be biggest needle-mover when it comes to money savings, but it might be the best combination of time and money savings.
I don't know much about money market stuff, but would you be able to get more than 10%? If not, you're better off going with discounted gift cards. 10% is the minimum discount I go for. I usually average about 12-15%. It requires staying on the ball and watching for the deals but definitely doable. The bare minimum you can get with zero effort is 5%.

Just bought 2 $250 gift cards from Costco for $225. That is 9% and then the cashback on the card I bought the gift cards with. Limit to 2 per membership, though.

Just bought 2 $250 gift cards from Costco for $225. That is 9% and then the cashback on the card I bought the gift cards with. Limit to 2 per membership, though.
Try again after 24 hours if you need more. There have been mixed results on the gift card and more thread. Some folks get multiple cards (10+), while others get the first 2 and then all others get cancelled within 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter