Paying Balance with Mason Title from UK

rob191186

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,

Wondered if anybody had experience/best way to send closing fees ($9400 for me) with Mason Title company?

bank with first direct so was just going to use them to send it, but I’ve heard transferwise are good or revolut? I’ve heard different title companies accept different closing payment methods but not seen much about Mason’s option on the forum.
Any help would be much appreciated if anyone from UK have sent closing costs to Mason after passing ROFR :)

Thank you!

Hi! :wave:

I'm UK-based as well so thought I'd try to answer whilst our friends across the pond are still getting their beauty sleep 😴 As far as I can see on the website, Mason prefers wire transfer. The UK Disney forum I'm on has recommendations for Currencies Direct, Transferwise and XE. Hope that helps!

I’ve used XE before with no issues, rate is about 1.31 which is higher than it has been

I’ve used XE before with no issues, rate is about 1.31 which is higher than it has been
That’s really good. Was this for Mason as well? Did XE charge anything? I assume you just need the wire transfer details from Mason as to which account they want the money in. Thank you

I'm UK-based as well so thought I'd try to answer whilst our friends across the pond are still getting their beauty sleep 😴 As far as I can see on the website, Mason prefers wire transfer. The UK Disney forum I'm on has recommendations for Currencies Direct, Transferwise and XE. Hope that helps!
Thank you. I will see if I can find the wire transfer details on their website.

That’s really good. Was this for Mason as well? Did XE charge anything? I assume you just need the wire transfer details from Mason as to which account they want the money in. Thank you
It was for Mason, about $15k.
There are no fees as it is included in the rate.
Yes, you need to put the reference number to help Mason track this as your payment
It might take 48 hours to get there but I had no issues

Just be a bit careful because I asked Mason if I could use Transferwise they said yes, I even clarified with them a second time saying Transferwise only do ACH transfers they again said fine.

A few days later it got knocked back by their bank because it was not a wire transfer.

So I ended up losing money having to put money back into my regular bank account and sending it from there.

Hey guys,

Wondered if anybody had experience/best way to send closing fees ($9400 for me) with Mason Title company?

bank with first direct so was just going to use them to send it, but I’ve heard transferwise are good or revolut? I’ve heard different title companies accept different closing payment methods but not seen much about Mason’s option on the forum.
Any help would be much appreciated if anyone from UK have sent closing costs to Mason after passing ROFR :)

Thank you!
I paid Mason using Revolut so if your bank charges excessive fees for a transfer I would use Revolut.

I am U.K. also. Which U.K. forum do you use if you don’t mine me asking?

I have recently just used transferwise.
Hi.

In regards to transfer wise, did you send a test payment to Mason first to ensure it worked? Secondly did you select sending money to someone else or a business/charity? And I assume it will be to checking account?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter