Paying balance at resort check-in?

Marthasor

DIS Veteran
I am traveling with a friend to WDW in a few weeks. We are sharing a resort room. It's a room-only booking and our plan was to split the balance between each of our cc's at check-in. I'm concerned, however, that WDW will charge the cc that is linked to my MDE account earlier that day prior to arrival. Is there any way to avoid this? Should we call and pre-pay? It's not a huge deal. I just know she would prefer to charge her portion of the room instead of writing me a check. I have never split the costs of a room before and never really cared when my balance was charged, so never really thought about this before!

Yes the balance will be charged to the CC on file once the system rolls over to that day (very early in the morning). You can go there and have it reversed and then re-charged but this can sometimes be a hassle. I would pay it off in advance using the 2 CC's.

I am traveling with a friend to WDW in a few weeks. We are sharing a resort room. It's a room-only booking and our plan was to split the balance between each of our cc's at check-in. I'm concerned, however, that WDW will charge the cc that is linked to my MDE account earlier that day prior to arrival. Is there any way to avoid this? Should we call and pre-pay? It's not a huge deal.

Calling and prepaying is the only way to avoid this.

Yes the balance will be charged to the CC on file once the system rolls over to that day (very early in the morning). You can go there and have it reversed and then re-charged but this can sometimes be a hassle. I would pay it off in advance using the 2 CC's.
If you mean on the day you arrive, not anymore. With the new credit authorization system in place they no longer run the room charge prior to arrival. At least they have not on our 2 stays since they changed. They do on day 5, prior to 6 AM on check out day.

I would still call and get it paid off prior to arrival just because it's simpler overall.

Agree with @buzznina & @dansdad ~ they have been running the room charge around 6 am of arrival day for years for me. I haven't done a package in years so room only. With as many rooms as they have it makes sense to let the computers just run any unpaid room bills. If you are planning to charge to your MagicBands you'll need to handle that at front desk.

I have done the reversal when they charged my CC when we planned on DH to pay because he was actually working in Orlando while DS and I played. It shouldn't have been hard but it took about 30 minutes. :rolleyes: I would do in advance.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter