Pay more for split stay?

UberClaire

Mouseketeer
One of the options I'm considering for my honeymoon is a split stay at two resorts. Two of our top contenders are AKL and YC/BC. I'd love to do 2 or 3 days at AKL and 3 or 4 days at YC. Will I get charged more for doing a split stay? I ran the numbers through the online reservation system.

6 nights at AKL (CL) was $3485
6 nights at YC (not CL) was $3214
3 nights at AKL, 3 nights at YC was 3795

That seems like a pretty substantial price difference.

You pay the same each night - there is no surcharge of any kind. There must be something wrong with your numbers or else you have included something in one price that is not included in the other. Or different room types or views or something.

Another thought could be - weekends cost more, and seasons could change during your reservation - things like that depending on what you entered in on the Disney site while searching.

What are your dates?

We're looking at August 12-18, 2013.
It's definitely possible that I clicked something wrong!

did you have tickets on each portion of the pkg? if so that's why there's a price difference. You can do the whole pkg for the first leg of the trip
AKL (CL)
Aug 12-15
with 6 day base

YC (not CL)
Aug 15-18
standard room only
$1266

for a total of 3294.90

I rechecked everything and took CL out of the equation and I still ended up with a similar problem:

6 days at AKL: $3100
6 days at YC: $3215
3 days at each: $3603 (August 12-15 at AKL, 15-18 at YC. Switching YC to the first 3 days of the trip adds an additional $30 to the total cost)

It seems like if I was running into weekend/season issues that I'd see that reflected in the full six day stays at either location. Am I crazy?

UberClaire said:
I rechecked everything and took CL out of the equation and I still ended up with a similar problem:

6 days at AKL: $3100
6 days at YC: $3215
3 days at each: $3603 (August 12-15 at AKL, 15-18 at YC. Switching YC to the first 3 days of the trip adds an additional $30 to the total cost)

It seems like if I was running into weekend/season issues that I'd see that reflected in the full six day stays at either location. Am I crazy?

Well what do you get for the two separate stays? Each one I mean?
And are you looking at room only reservations? You must not be because I just glanced at AKl rates for that time frame and they are in the $280-$400 range per night, depending on room type. That would only cost $1800-2400.

It's about tickets I would guess.

did you have tickets on each portion of the pkg? if so that's why there's a price difference. You can do the whole pkg for the first leg of the trip
AKL (CL)
Aug 12-15
with 6 day base

YC (not CL)
Aug 15-18
standard room only
$1266

for a total of 3294.90

Thank you!! I totally forgot to include/exclude the ticket packages. That makes a huge difference. Whew....good thing I didn't book like that!

You may want to consider doing YC first and then head to AKL. I myself have never done split stay (have one booked for May!!), but I have read many threads about them. YC is closer to all the action. At the beginning of a trip many people are more actively hitting the parks. Then as the week goes on you can head to AKL to relax a little more. They have an excellent hot tub at Jambo House!

I think for us, coming off of the wedding, the slow part of the trip may be good at the beginning! Thank you for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter