Patio dining at Hollywood brown derby

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
Does anyone know a good time to go? DD and I aren’t real fans of most restaurants at DHS and thought we’d finally try the patio area (not doing TS this trip). Is the wait usually long? Do they give you a pager if they are busy?

Thanks!

Depends on the time of day. We sat on the patio in 2016 and were shown a table right away. We had martini flights and appetizers although I believe the regular menu (or a subset) is available. Great spot to people watch.

No pager which I've only seen at some QS eateries.
We like to go either when we are hungry/thirsty or just before a "March of the 1st Order" is scheduled.
To date, we have never waited for seating but our largest party there so far has been 4.
The opening of SWG might be a game changer.

Last edited:
Either just before opening or anytime after the first hour, in my experience. It can fill up fast at opening and can take a while before anyone starts to leave. Once it's been long enough that tables have started to turn over I haven't had any long waits.

Thanks! Guess we will just stop by and see what the wait is.

We showed up 5 minutes before opening 2 days ago, and a line quickly formed behind us. By the time we left (around 1:00), there were no empty tables.

What time do they open at this time of the year? The shrimp and the sliders look good

No pagers. There was an actual sign up list on the bar when we went (February 2018). Waited 10-15 minutes. Food and drinks were amazing!

We went once, recently. We lined up 30 mins before opening (around side at gate). We were 2nd in line and a big line formed behind us. Though, when they opened the gate and everyone went in, there were still about 3 empty tables (that did fill as we were there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter