Passports...

missmdr

Mouseketeer
We just booked a last minute cruise today for the end of Feb (21) :goodvibes
We all have passports except my 1.5 year old....we have just about 6 wks until departure; according to the passport website, processing times are 4-6 wks as of today. That being said, if I go tomorrow to start the process, should I pay the extra fee to expedite, or should I have enough time to get it under normal delivery time?

Thanks Dis'ers!

I just did the same thing! lol I applied on the 13dec for my 2 kids and we leave on the 23rd jan. I called today and they are printing my dd tomorrow and it mails bk priority so once they print only 3 days from then ...cutting close but it should be fine

There are no cruises in February that require a passport. Why not cruise on a birth certificate and get the passport when you return home if you plan to travel again?

Don't I need a passport b/c we are going to the Bahamas? Everyone in our party needed one for our last cruise 3 years ago? I guess I feel a little dumb if that is the case....I guess I should have done some research before posting this question?
:littleangel:

Your NOT DUMB ;-) And mine are on there way lol in less then 4 weeks!!!!! I am also a travel agent altho you do not need a passport to cruise by sea to the caribbean and bahamas you do need one to FLY home in case there was an emergency or the ship had an accident (sorry worse case you know) type of situations where you may not be able to hang out for something to get fixed a passport is required to FLY back from ANY of those areas. I did decide to purchase a passport for my kids for that reason. Altho unlikely it is better to be safe then sorry...besides who knows if you see a great deal and want to go last minute sometime their passports are good for 10 yrs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter