Passports

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I don't want to piggy back on other's threads, but if the DGC have passports, both parents are on the cruise, then we don't need to have their or anyone's birth certificates, correct?

Bobbi:goodvibes

I heard that as a percaution, it's a good idea to carry your birth certificate as well as secondary id just in case. If you don't have it I wouldn't worry, but if you have it, maybe bring it just in case.

We've always just brought our passports and dh and I always carry our driver's licenses. Why bring a BC too? I thought that was only if you don't want to pay for a pp. :confused3

When we cruised in November, all we brought were our passports. DH and I had our driver's licenses as well, but a passport was all we brought for the kids; BC's stayed at home.

I made two copies of the pages with our pictures/information and the passport number. One copy remained at home with my sister in the event of an emergency; the other copy we carried with us and made sure it remained on the ship. If we left the ship, we carried our passports...but the copies were in our room safe if they were lost or stolen ashore for easy replacement.

When we cruised in November, all we brought were our passports. DH and I had our driver's licenses as well, but a passport was all we brought for the kids; BC's stayed at home.

I made two copies of the pages with our pictures/information and the passport number. One copy remained at home with my sister in the event of an emergency; the other copy we carried with us and made sure it remained on the ship. If we left the ship, we carried our passports...but the copies were in our room safe if they were lost or stolen ashore for easy replacement.

Good ideas here! Thanks.
Bobbi:goodvibes

We do something similar to the above....bring passports only (no need for BC if you have passports), and adults have Driver's License for photo ID. We make copies of the first page of the passports--one at home, one in my suitcase. After boarding, I put the passports in the safe. For on and off the ship, we use DL and KTTW (cheaper and easier to replace if lost/stolen), and I carry the copy of the passport page with me in addition to the Navigator for the day.

Should an emergency occur on land, the procedure would be to contact the "Ship's Agent" listed on the Navigator and request assistance in contacting the ship and the US authorities. They will assist you in obtaining your "stuff" from the ship if you need to remain in port due to an emergency, and in the meantime, the copy of the passport will suffice until the real one can be obtained from the stateroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter