Passporter Field Guide to the DCL

mad4themouse

<font color=deeppink>Never truly happy unless I'm
I just got mine yesterday and all I can say is: WOW!

If you haven't had a chance to order it or take a look at it, I would highly recommend that you do. It is the best guidebook that I've seen for DCL and the only one I've found devoted solely to DCL.

They have cabin recommendations and cautions for every category on the ship. They have a listing of every cabin number, its category, deck and capacity. The cabin descriptions are great.

Every itinerary is reviewed and there are hints and recommendations for each. Dining rotations are covered as well as which night is formal night on which cruise, when to expect the Mexicali/Tropicali parties on the Magic and even the typical menus for each dining room!

I love this book and I haven't even finished it yet! The only froblem is that my cruise is still so far away! Jennifer and Dave did a fabulous job on this one. Kudos!

Waiting for mine to arrive, just ordered it last week, I heard so much about it, I had to get me one!!!:cool:

I can't wait to get mine. I did find a great deal for the paperback version on amazon.com. It was $11.87 and if you purchase $25 total in books amazon is giving free shipping. So I added on the Passporter for WDW 2003 for only $15 and some cents. (can't remember the exact cents) While I was at it I added the Disney Magazine for $9.95. Oh Now The Anticipation!:)

I have to admit I haven't seen the book, but I have had a number of concerned clients who saw their stateroom listing of how many passengers a stateroom can hold and the info that the book has, is incorrect.

Just to let you know, if you book a reservation for 4 passengers, the DCL system will only give room options for 4 people, it doesn't make mistakes (at least not to do with that! ;))

Just don't panic about the stateroom occupancy information. :)

Cathy

As a moderator over at Passporter and a reviewer of the Passporter Field Guide to DCL (and Passporter 2003), I can tell you that this book was meticulously put together with a lot of love and a lot of sweat. To my understanding unfortunately some erroneous information was provided to the authors regarding cabin occupancy hence some of the errors in the book mentioned above. Take the errors in stride and rest assured the remainder of the book is right on target and it will ensure you have the cruise of a lifetime! It's a pheonemal resource and nothing out there beats it! I can't imagine cruising DCL ever without it! ENJOY!!

I love my DCL Passporter!!! It's got "dog eared" pages already! It's hard to check EVERYTHING (especially in a book so jam packed with information!) and I am very pleased with it- the room error is minor in my opinion!

I FINALLY got my DCL passporter!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc I pre-ordered it from amazon.com for the above mentioned reasons, free shipping, and i wanted to order some disney CD's also! The poor UPS man...it was pooring so bad yesterday. He had to trudge through my puddles, and found a dry place to hide the box. He lifted up my carpet out there and placed it under there!! You go UPS man!! hahaha;)

I'm so happy. I'm reading it page for page, and even have put in a email to my TA to see about upgrading!! Really want a verandha of any kind!! :eek: We shall see what happens.

I am really enjoying my DCL passporter,and also my WDW 2003 passporter!!!

Originally posted by goofygal1975
I FINALLY got my DCL passporter!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc I pre-ordered it from amazon.com for the above mentioned reasons, free shipping, and i wanted to order some disney CD's also! The poor UPS man...it was pooring so bad yesterday. He had to trudge through my puddles, and found a dry place to hide the box. He lifted up my carpet out there and placed it under there!! You go UPS man!! hahaha;)

I'm so happy. I'm reading it page for page, and even have put in a email to my TA to see about upgrading!! Really want a verandha of any kind!! :eek: We shall see what happens.

I am really enjoying my DCL passporter,and also my WDW 2003 passporter!!!

How's the countdown poster working out?

Originally posted by Verandah Man
How's the countdown poster working out?

Hello:D It's great!! I FINALLY was able to post a picture on the picture area of this websit. Never figured out how to post it in my post...:rolleyes: It came out kinda blury on the site. We're having fun with it!!!!! My grandmother ( i sent a picture to her, she is coming w/us to WDW in June) said that was a wonderful idea!! My son is having fun crossing each day off, he's taking turns w/stickers and markers...he has it down to a science...hehe!! Thanks again for that great idea!!!!:D

goofygal1975,

I just sent you a PM!!!

I got mine yesterday!!!!:) Boy was that quick! I had just ordered it on Saturday. I already started pouring over it and my husband is reading the Passporter 2003 on WDW. That is a good endorsemnt. In the last 7 years that we have been going to WDW he has never even opened a guide book, and I have dozens of them.

We have had the new guide for a week. It is wonderful. One of our rooms was even missing (two sets of cabins 6601 and 6603, 6611 and 6613 are mislabeled). We notified the site and received a nice response. They will have corrections posted soon on the website. Send your reviews to Amazon!

Carla

I bought the WDW Passporter Field Guide and wasn't sure if I should buy the Cruise version. Maybe now I will after hearing everyone rave about it.

...off to b&n.com.....

As much as I hate to go against the crowd, my feeling is that the Passporter Guide is a bit over rated…especially for those of us that routinely "hang out" on these boards. To me, it seemed like the vast majority of the information in the Passporter Guide was pulled directly off the internet (either from DCL’s website or from other websites). I don't deny that it’s filled with valuable information, but for someone like me who reads these boards routinely, I haven't found much (if anything) NEW in the Guide. I'd only recommend the Guide to cruisers who do not routinely read these boards.

Originally posted by mshinrockford
As much as I hate to go against the crowd, my feeling is that the Passporter Guide is a bit over rated…especially for those of us that routinely "hang out" on these boards. To me, it seemed like the vast majority of the information in the Passporter Guide was pulled directly off the internet (either from DCL’s website or from other websites). I don't deny that it’s filled with valuable information, but for someone like me who reads these boards routinely, I haven't found much (if anything) NEW in the Guide. I'd only recommend the Guide to cruisers who do not routinely read these boards.

I have to agree that there is a LOT of overlap in the info found here and that found in the Passporter. But--and I don't mean to sound like a Luddite--it's often easier to read the book instead of sitting at my PC--I can read it in the comfort of my bed, while traveling, etc. I appreciate the volume of information packed in a very small book and to me, it is worth the cost just to have it all in one place. When the search function isn't working here it can take a lot of time to find answers!

Ditto Jennifer - it's so much easier than lugging a computer around!

Rae

I agree also w/Jennifer and rae519. I sit at a computer all day at work, and I like being able to read this at my leasure on my couch or even bring it along when I meet my son for lunch and read it with him. I plan on having the passporter w/me while on the cruise, and it just makes it easier than printing it all out and bringing lots of papers/sticky notes w/me;)

Even with a website that contains just about everything you'd ever want to know about DCL, I still find myself referring to the Passporter when answering questions over here or via email. It's so much easier to refer to a book than to figure out where the info. is buried on my web pages!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter